Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I wake up in the morning in my favorite chemise.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. I tend to notice the really tall, skinny women. I also look for girls who are shaped like me to see what they are wearing.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I like the effortless cool look. Like the women in the skinny pants with a black blouse, great bag, chic shoes, easy hair and great sunglasses. Like they have this entire wardrobe that no matter what they pair together its a look.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
My late 20's. I was working in fashion retail and my boss was kind of crazy about the way we dressed. I dropped the black hair dye, liquid eyeline, and bronzer immediately. I found a photo of myself in college and I looked like a total slut. Still kills me to this day.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Dress your age and avoid trends. Find a "look" and stick to it.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
At my retail job - it was for high end fashion and I couldn't afford a thing in the store; my boss gave me a makeover and told me that I needed to buy 7 pieces to make my wardrobe. Everything was black, Italian, and overpriced. I did get a sick pair of boots though - I consigned them last year and made some good money off them.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I have schedules. Everything runs on schedules. Its the only way to get things done. You want to make lunch in the morning? you have 20 mins to do that. Go to Pilates, its at 7:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Your JCrew credit card bill? Its due the 25th of the month. Laundry? your lady works on Tuesdays - make sure you drop it off first thing on the way to work. And Housewives of Whatever are on Mondays at 8pm.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I used to be obsessed with these black skinny pants from the Gap. I would buy two pairs and destroy them. Now they don't make them anymore which is a travesty. The only other thing I buy multiples of now is JCrew ballet flats since Tory Burch is over. I have them in 3 colors.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Jewelry is really hard to buy for people. I have yet to successfully purchase a piece that makes someone very happy. I mean, statement necklaces are cool but that's not groundbreaking.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Skank Heels. I almost cried when I saw sneakers and ballet flats on the runways. I am a flats girl.
Verge Culture. I can't wear skater clothes or cut out dresses or shirts with tigers on them, or Jeffrey Campbell shoes.
Boho/Hipster. Dear god, have you walked into Urban Outfitters lately? Everything looks like it was worn to Bonaroo, Burning Man and Coachella and now its for sale.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mom has taught me about collecting beautiful things. She has the best scarves, jewels, bags, etc. Its taught me to keep things nice and save them for my daughters.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
My best friend. She is tall, blonde, and leggy. I will wear something and then she will wear something and everyone will be like, OMG you look amazing!
I am going to start charging commission.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Clueless the movie came out. I bought a fuzzy backpack and never turned back. I was in 7th grade.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
all over the place. I am an Aquarius.
18. Please describe your emotions.
All over the place. I am an Aquarius.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
blue and white stripe top
blue tulip pencil skirt
metallic silver ballet flats
diamond right hand ring w/ missing stone
david yurman bracelet
hair cut shoulder length styled straight
work makeup - eyebrows, a little blush and eye pencil with lots of mascara
Rosebud on the lips
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Because I can go anywhere and look good.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Benefits Administration for an Investment firm
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like clothes and feel they are important.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Its a lot.