Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Right after a long hot shower
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes! I notice women with unique clothing, classic styles, usually with the most "it" item
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Confidence even if they are wearing sweats. No make up yet they own the look
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, when I realized that what I wore represented who I am and that I had a knack for putting outfits together
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Buy it if it's super cheap even if you don't like it too much. It'll come in use
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Dress the way you want others to perceive you
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have every different syle and color
I love the fit! And how I can pair it with anything
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I've never liked how fake it looked
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother and I have the opposite taste in fashion. She plays it very safe with tried and true things. I like to try all sorts of new stuff
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Borrow clothes all the time !
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Yes. As a Muslim female that wears the headscarf every outfit I wear addresses my faith. My style is based off my faith as well.
16. Please describe your body.
5'5 120lbs. Longer torso shorter legs. Small waist heavier around bottom and thighs
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Boyfriends jeans, statement t shirt and comfortable cotton head scarf. Michelle watch, Henri bendel bangles. Peep toe lace up booties.
Mascara, eye liner, lipstick, blush concealer
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Everyone, from family to friends to strangers.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Style is how to make it look good and taste is what goes in to the decision making of choosing the pieces.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
A leather jacket that was slightly small but then ended up cutting off circulation in my arms
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Style in the way I speak
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Always. In both situations I wear the most comfortable item I eon knowing I look good in it
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Lingerie is big. If I know I'm wearing sexy lingerie I feel it. With make up if I'm wearing falsies and my contouring ans eye brows are on point I feel sexy
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Wear what's comfortable and fits very well
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Good composition and beautiful colors
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Shower, lotion, clothes ans then make up
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is everyday jeans and a top. Dressing up,is a little more make up and fancier clothes
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Long sleeve maxi dress.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
My parents are from India. I would say the rich colors are a huge influence. I hate wearing all black my outfits have to have color
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Tucking in my shirt always gives me a more polished feeling. Wearing close toe nude or black heels
Tine down make up
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
Colored pants. Everyone wears only black or grey ans I'm in green, blue, mustard and white
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
I love the gowns and jewels
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
Wow I look good
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
High waisted pants
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Sleeveless tops, crop tops ans shorts
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Every day. It's should never ever be over powering it. The only person that should be able to smell it is you and whoever is 2 inches from you
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I wear it everyday. Can't leave the house without concealer and mascara. Make pulls together my whole look
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I own pretty much everything from maxi dresses to maxi skies, palazzo pants, t shirts , jeans, a lot of fancy gowns
Jewelry wise I stick to watches, bracelets and rings
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
Michelle leather strap watch
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My favorite long sleeve maxi
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Stick with more classic pieces
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
Red Michael kors leather jacket. And yes!!
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
The perfect white button down that can be worn casual or professional
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
No. I need a closet make over!
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
H&m black sleeveless maxi. I wear it all the time. It's the easier price of clothing ever
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
All the time and mostly online
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
I dress for the position I want
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
Pinky nude Lipstick. Always carry it and wear it
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
10/1/88. Chicago and Chicago
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Parents born in India, middle upper class
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?