Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I put thought into clothes, hair, shoes, makeup
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Women with individual style and with obvious confidence
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Hasn't happened yet
But I know I feel better when
I think I look goof
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Shop in consignment stores
Ask the owner what stock she
really likes that would fit me
Be friends with her
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
No heels, they hurt and ruin your spine
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
No junky cheap clothes
Only buy what I need
Invest in quality and classy clothes
Downsize as much as possible
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes, lots of times
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Slutty looking, cheap looking
Wearing clothes I am too old for
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Not - she grew overweight whereas I have not ( I am 57, I eat healthy food and I exercise which she stopped doing long ago)
She wears stained t-shirts and polyester pants even though she had some nice clothes, I am casual but
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Not stolen anything but copied
Women I admire
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I grew up and stopped dressing like a jock even though I still exercise
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Yes - no heels as I see them as akin
to Chinese foot binding. Men would never wear heels
No cheap clothes made in sweatshops where workers are exploited
Increasingly want to wear ethical
And local clothes. Love natural fibres
16. Please describe your body.
Large hands and feet
17. Please describe your mind.
Travel is the best education (as long as you don't just stay in a hotel)
18. Please describe your emotions.
Too reactive and defensive
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
A cool wide necked top blue and white that is unusual and that I get
lots of compliments about
Fast drying blue pants a girlfriend gave me
Hair around my face in a ponytail and the rest loose
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
You feel better when you like your appearance and think you look good, but don't be a slave to fashion or think it's the most important thing
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Friends coworkers consignment store owners
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Bad body odour
Baggy sweatpants and t- shirts
Macho pig men
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
Too often my smile looks crooked to me
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Don't like it
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Fix my hair
Shave legs and underarms
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Wear less and less of it
Concerned about all the chemicals so only want to wear organic safe makeup
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
Neat and not crowded so it's easy
To see what I have
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
When I need something
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
March 28 1957
Born in Stratford Ontario
Now live in Toronto
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Library manager in a public library
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Divorced 18 years
Single since then
One child, male, he just turned 20