Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Fresh from the shower, in something that shows off my best assets and makes me feel pretty, with just a little makeup.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Those that put clothes together in interesting ways. Women in bright colors (anything but all black).
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I finally figured out my own hair this year. Until then, either chin-length straight bobs or short, sticky-outy cuts.
At below-chin length with effective layers, I have gorgeous naturally wavy hair. A makeup artist called it "magic hair". I had no idea this was growing out of my head. I love my hair now.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
When you find something that flatters and fits, buy more than one.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I'd recommend this to anyone who will listen: the key to looking good in clothes is a good bra, unless you have a tiny chest. (I don't.)
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Except this: If it's not fun, why do it?*
(That's a quote from either Ben or Jerry, when they were still Ben & Jerry's.)
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have tons of deep scoopy slim tanks. They make my boobs look awesome.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I hated chunky shoes in the late '90s and I hate them now.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I have a friend who dresses like Holly Hobbie and looks awesome. I appropriated her casual style with skirt hems to a skirt I sewed recently. Less Holly Hobbie, but still nicely funky.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I realized i was dressing without caring what I looked like. I stopped wearing crap t-shirts out except to Pilates classes and now do my best to look good.
What happened? Started before the divorce, but the divorce launched it into full gear.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Zaftig, big boobs, soft tummy, massive thighs.
17. Please describe your mind.
Overwhelmed with clutter (see question 14). Clever. Easily sidetracked. Quick to start something new. Always seeking distraction.
18. Please describe your emotions.
A big soup of angst at the moment.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
slim scoopy tank
linen pants with the inner thighs blown out
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
it's not. i'm at home. no one's here.
if i was going out, that might be different.