Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Right after the shower--clean, smelling good, and freshly scrubbed face.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I definitely notice women more than men. I admire women who look put together, maybe not in the newest clothes or latest trends; but women who look like they put some thought into what they had on.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I usually only buy clothes from 2 or 3 stores...so all of my clothing has a sort of "theme".
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
ankle length dress pants. i like the look of a bare ankle with a flat shoe.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
we have the same body. we own many of the same pieces of clothing--i seek her advice daily on clothing. she has a classic style.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
college, i became a slob--up until about age 24. then it stopped. thank goodness.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
blush and mascara. hair is an air-dryed bob ( i hate hair). a jean dress and black tights--i have a love affair with opaque black tights.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
a pair of too big marc jacobs pumps. that i wore once.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
i definitely know what i like it most aspects of my life--i can't stand when people are indecisive...i make a quick choice and stand by it. i am this way, in part, because of my mother.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
simplicity is the best. i can't stand a busy outfit.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
black flats, black tights, black dress.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
dresses are me.
jeans are not me.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
the late 50's/early 60's.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
not at all. i look surprisingly better in person.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
the same thing i wear now...just a size or two smaller.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
smells are very important to me...as far as perfume goes, i gravitate to heavier, muskier scents. never floral.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
dry clean them.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
a black dress.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
online. all of the time.