Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
in the morning after i get dressed.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
women who use color and have soft, well fitting clothes. or professional women who look very put together.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
i like when it looks like they have given their outfit some thought. not just thrown whatever on their backs.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
when i realized that i was going to be a larger size forever and started dressing for my size. i started buying clothes that fit my body better.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
colors in the same range, nothing frumpy or old lady looking.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
i can't remember having any.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
i try to have a balance of work and play, exercise and sloth, etc.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
i have multiple jackets and sweaters. i like having a cover up for every outfit.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
i just gave my daughter a lovely wool cape for her birthday.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
skinny pants.....they look horrible on everyone without exception.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
my mother was style-less. She wore clothes for comfort.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
my sister knows how to dress our body type.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
i changed from college hippie style to a more professional look.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
short and chubby with lovely curves but no waist.
17. Please describe your mind.
smart, talented, incisive
18. Please describe your emotions.
stable and happy
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
i am wearing khaki's with a home made tie dye tee and a pink overshirt. i am wearing make up and my hair is gray and i have casual curls.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
not at all except to myself.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
my sister and daughter and sister-in-law
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
not at all
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
taste--not wearing pj's to walmart
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
pants that were too tight....i was going to diet into them.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
always dress in clothes that fit
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
i am good at discernment.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
i never buy anything i won't wear
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
small town WASP
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
married and widowed twice. Currently married again. Three grown children