Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
i very rarely feel attractive. i mostly feel balanced, and perhaps that makes me attractive
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
i do note most women on the street, many i admire their look, some i envy for their flare..i notice people who have personality and wear it well
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
poise, stature, confidence
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
when i quit the beauty industry, i had an epiphany; i realized that the media and the fashion world are mostly plastic and overall, make women feel less than, unworthy, too heavy, not attractive.....
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
i shop mostly used clothing
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
lol, i have no rules in dressing except: clean underwear, socks that match, use deodrant
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
i am very responsible about finances, the rest of my life gets handled as it comes or needs, chores...i list those
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
i have lots of socks, many layerable clothes, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts, flannel shirts, pullovers,,,pretty casual as i run a 5 acre farm alone...not much dressing up here!!!
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
yes, a mother's ring for my mom, a personally signed Jimmy Buffet shirt to my niece, and a most special shirt for my dad.....
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
i am too old now to go for trends...but those puffy skirts are terrible!
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
my mother is a 'bird' person, so most of her style would look awful on my body.....she is conservative in dress and shoes...i was NEVER conservative in dress nor manner
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
my style changed by 180 when i left the beauty industry
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
i dress mainly androgynous
16. Please describe your body.
soft curves on a solid frame....
17. Please describe your mind.
bright, inquisitive,articulate, never quiet
18. Please describe your emotions.
they are balanced most of the time, i can get fairly 'wired' at times...a bit of an A personality
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
my hair is curly because of the moisture right now, my face is nekkid except for moisturizer, and jeans, a t-shirt, socks, underwear, hiker boots
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
it seems to be not as important as we think most of the time....it is important in business, etc...but the whole of fashion is just as reflection of the times and the state of the world at any given time.....
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
they do not affect me any more...i go to the bank in the same clothes as the garden, mostly
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
my taste in clothing or fashion is fun but not an issue now...my style is mountain northwest casual....and that is important only that it is my comfort zone for what i wear
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
just how to get out of my clothing easier....and i am not telling
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
my style is all about me, the gardens, the house and the walls in it are examples of my style
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
yes...interviewing for RedKen all those years ago...being on the main stage at the MidWest Beauty Show....so glad i do not have to do that again
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Myrtle Point Oregon
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
i am proud of my native blood line
What kind of work do you do?
i garden, and live
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
single, no kids, married 3 times...not so good with sharing my life i guess
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
coming from the beauty world of makeup and hair and clothing, this was a good recap and stroll down memory lane has reaffirmed my decision to leave all this behind me...
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
i feel great....how do you feel reading this?