Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when I wear the clothes that suit me perfectly
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
yes,I do. I usually notice the women who look smart and self-confident in their clothes
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire their ability to wear the right outfit in every situation
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I realized that taking care of me I felt more confident and this had an astonishing effect in my daily contacts with the other people
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
first of all avoid impulsive shopping, especially when you feel sad or nervous
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I often wear colours that don't suit me
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I 've never had one
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I think I'm honest and I don't like wasting my money
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
lots of T shirts and sweaters, I think they are easy to wear
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I don't partecipate in any fashion trend
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
She doesn't follow the fashion trends, but she's very elegant
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I'm very short, a little plump, my legs are short
17. Please describe your mind.
I'm very sensitive and open-minded, I like talking and meeting people
18. Please describe your emotions.
I often feel nervous , emotional, I 'm fond of art and animals. I feel deep feelings that I rarely hide
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
My hair is short and slightly wavy, I 'm wearing casual clothes (blue trousers and blue and White t-shirt). At tthis moment no make-up, I'm not at work.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I don't know
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
with my mum and friends
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
taste for colours, but my style is classic
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
on the day of my graduation
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I GENERALLY KNOW WHAT TO WEAR AND CHOOSE
AND I'VE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MY HOBBIES AND PREFERENCES
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
YES, MY MOTHER HAS TAUGHT ME TO WEAR IN AN APPROPRIATE WAY
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT, BUT IT IS A SATE OF MIND WHICH DOES NOT DEPEND ONLY ON CLOTHES
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
WEAR WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL CONFIDENT
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
WHAT EXPRESSES HARMONY AND GOODNESS
34. What do you consider very ugly?
WICKED AND SELFISH PEOPLE
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT TO BUY
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
THIS OTHER PERSON LOOKS A BIT CHILDISH, SHY, ELEGANT. NO
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
IT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER AND MY MOOD
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
CONFIDENCE, BEAUTY, CHARM
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
DRESSING UP SEEMS A BIT ARTIFICIAL
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
I DON'T KNOW
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
I DON'T KNOW
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
UNIVERSITY STUDIES, BUT NO INFLUENCE
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER, I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DRESS AS I DO NOW
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
SOMETIMES I LIKE IT
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
I DON'T KNOW
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I'D LIKE A FUR COAT
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I LOVE IT, BUT I PREFER THE EAU DE TOILETTE
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
GET CLEAN AND SMART
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
IT IS IMPORTANT
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
CASUAL AND SMART CLOTHES, A FEW JEWELS AND LOTS OF BIJOUX
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
SWEATERS AND TWIN-SETS
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
SOME JACKETS THAT ARE TOO OLD FASHIONED
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
EYEGLASSES, AND COATS
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
I DON'T REMEMBER
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
I DON'T KNOW
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
I'm a bit untidy
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
YES, MY GRANNIE'S RING
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
THREE TIMES A YEAR, WHEN I'M IN THE MOOD
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
I HOPE SOMEONE WILL NOTICE IT
80. How does money fit into all this?
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
when a man told me I was good-looking
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
ITALIAN I AM 58
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
CLOTHING IS NOT SO IMPORTANT AFTER ALL, WHAT MATTERS IS PERSONALITY
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
IT IS TOO LONG, BUT I AM INTERESTED