Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am ovulating.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Colourfully dressed, confident, individual women. Well made and well fitting clothing. Happy carefree and relaxed.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Individuality. Colour. Well made and designed.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Second hand shops. As an adolescent I found a way to have as many clothes as I wanted and find ones that suited me and didn't just follow current fashion.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Generally buy black or green or blue clothing. Stick to natural fibres as much as possible. A good fit is essential. Not too low on the neckline. Buy two of any basic piece that is really good.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Lay out one's outfit the night before. Always wear a petticoat with a dress to keep a good line.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I do my own thing and don't take any notice of what other people think. That keeps me happy. I don't try to impress anyone else. I do things for myself.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Underpants, petticoats, dresses I have made.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
A nineteen fifties polkadot hat for a friend. Perfect.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Many. I don't like trends. The worst thing about trends is the limitation of colour palettes in different seasons. I want to choose the colours I like anytime.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Not at all except she liked sewing and so do I. I guess she didn't wear heels or make up. Quite a natural look and I generally do this.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Present and expressive.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Black knee boots, black tight jeans, black hoody. No make up. Hair down.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
To feel like oneself I guess.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Yep, I never wear trousers to work.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Living one's life is style.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Gaucheness, superficiality, pretentiousness.