Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I look thinner & in my fav pair of jeans, white shirt and black blazer; perhaps with a thin black line and tons of mascara on my eyes.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, I do notice. I admire women with attitude and nicely combined clothes: it doesn't really matter wheteher looking posh, preppy, hippy, some women just have it!
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Head up, heels on attitude even if wearing flats, I try to get that!
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
More than one moment: I can still recall when I bought my first fashion magazine "Ragazza", published in Spain when I was 14.
Next (and every year) when I buy see/buy a new LBD, I know I've found something I'll be my confident self wearing it.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
If it's love at first sight, probably it'll be a right choice.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Black & white, and black and back and some more white...some people just looks better in colours or prints... I don't.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
With my mom, aged somewhere on my teens, she told me not pay attention to fashion but to my body and whatever it looks right on it.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Not really, things aren't that straight forward; but as for the matter of finance "never spend more than you earn", great if you can pay for Prada, but you can be stilish also if you can't.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Basic black & white Ts; white shirts, blue jeans, LBDs & rings/earrings. I keep on buying because that's the way I show my personallity, to my way of viewing it: honest and blod as back; clear as white; sparkly as a little bling-bling when needed.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Indeed; when I buy jewelry I choose something I like but central to the purchase is the way it'll look on the other person and whether he/she will feel good wearing it.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Flower prints, they just don't look good on me, or better say, I feel like I'm dress up for a Halloween party.
I can see those prints look good on many people though and catch my eyes on the shops...
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Please see question 7: always bearing in mind (and close sight in the mirror) the pieces that either fit you well, or not at all!
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, your close ones have an influence on you, I recon, but if the style isn't really me, I'll ditch it!
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes, I grew up and fully understood my mum's advice! Also I'm evolving so my style also is.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I don't think so.
16. Please describe your body.
1'70m; leaner, now that I'm a runner; but usually noticeable bottom, straight shoulders, thin waist. Decently long legs, thin arms ...but a very critical view of the whole.
17. Please describe your mind.
I wish I could: I just try hard to be honest; respectful & proactive, but many times tend to moody.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Optimistics but moody
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Jeans short skirt, long grey T with a message, black tights, aged silver ankle boots.
My hair is naturally curled; I wear it loose with a bob cut.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Very much I have to admit, and whoever knows me, knows it.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Female friends mainly
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
If working on a place with a dress code, it must me followed, althought you can give some custom/personal things.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Style: wearing the right clothes in the right place, and behaving in the appropriate manner.
Taste, being able to choose pieces that look together the way a good song sounds! everybody notices it, even if they wouldn't pick it for themselves.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes, several pairs of very high heels I haven't been able to wear more that a couple of hours.
Some pirnts as well.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Learned: if your jeans have the muffin effect, buy a bigger size, it doen't do you any good looking like an over filled cake! (that to me is opposite to slylish.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I recon running and writing, even if only in my mother tongue; perhaps dancing.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Many times: when depresssed a looking life from a pair of heels and LBD makes you good; add some black mascara and you're ready.
Running clothing gives me a sense of confidence like nothing else, the moment I dress I can feel my body workign the proper way!
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Very difficult question: I'd say I'm a learner in all of the above.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
See answer 7 and, of course, the way of caring for your clothing so it'll last longer in good shape.