Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Dressed up to go out at night.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Women who are dressed classy and exude confidence but are open and friendly.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
When they have a sense of humor about life but also have passion for an individual pursuit.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I think it happened when I was in my 20s and I stopped being concerned with other's opinions of how I dress.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I always have to try dresses and shirts on but I don't always try skirts and pants on.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I avoid certain looks because I think they are trashy looking or not age appropriate as in the can made the wearer look like they are trying to look younger than they are or have the opposite affect and make the wearer look older.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I don't think I've had one.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I try to approach all things from a place of calm then allow those things that make me happy to do so but try to refrain from allowing the things that don't bring me joy from bringing me into anxiety or anger.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Black pants and skirts, because they fit many occasions.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I enjoy seeing my mother wear the jewelry I have given her.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Leggings as pants. Unless one is wearing leggings as work out gear, they should be worn in a layered fashion or at least with a long top.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
We have different body types but she has great taste in accessories and I feel that I do too.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Not that I can think of.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I moved back from college and got a job in a corporate owned environment I had to ditch my laid back college look.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
If wearing a lot of black is political then yes but I don't use clothes to make political statements.
16. Please describe your body.
Long legs with ample bosoms. Lean arms. A little thicker around the middle than is my ideal but overall tall and shapely.
17. Please describe your mind.
Sharp, imaginative, dreamy. Some times a bit too busy.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I'm in pajamas about to change into shorts and a tee to go on a walk. There is nothing on my face except lotion.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Clothing tends to reflect self image. When I have moments in which I stop caring about how I look and dress, I tend to have to check in with myself and see what's going on.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My friend Jennifer, who is a designer, and my mother and my boyfriend since they buy me clothing and jewelry as gifts.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
The media as an institution creates popularity around certain looks.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
That's a hard one. I think they go hand in hand but are subjective in relation to whom ever is judging another persons taste and style. I think I have good taste and my style is some what created by my environment and financial situation.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes. A pair of AG black denim capris. The fabric had terrible return and not the end of the day it's as if they had grown two sizes.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
High lighting my legs and breast to distract from my middle.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
My home is stylish but that is a combination of my and my boyfriend's taste.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Wearing a really rocking outfit when I had to go to a party on my own.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I think it's easier to state what I don't like than what I do which is some thing I'm working on.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
That how you wash your clothes is important as far as keeping them nice. And I never just throw things on the floor or over a chair. The get hung up or but in the laundry bin.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I like my hair to look touchable. I always wear eye make up and jewelry unless going to the gym or beach or such.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Confidence comes when you are comfortable with yourself and in any situation.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Dress for your body type, environment and situation.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Disrespectful hate filled people.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
I wear everything that I buy, just sometimes not immediately.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Santa Monica, ca
What kind of work do you do?
Creative resource manager and recruiter studying energy work to help others and myself.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
In a long time committed relationship.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
It was an interesting self reflection.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Like I need to lose the ten pounds I've been holding on to so I can fit comfortably back into some awesome clothes I own. And in the meantime clean out some clothes and buy a few new basics.
Positive fun-loving California woman who loves nature and is working on fostering my creative side after working in a creative yet corporate environment for many years. Appreciative of the friends and family in my life.