Read Surveys (By Author)
Marilyn L. Brown
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I like what I am wearing & feel comfortable.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice women occasionally. Nice makeup & posture
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I was in my 40s & my children older. I had time & money to make things 'click'
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
There are none.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't wear turtle necks or boots. I like them on others
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
None that I can remember
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I have Christian Conservatives ideals which I follow.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Lots of belts in different colors. I buy them because my waist is one of the smallest parts of me.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I gave a scarf which she wears & looks good.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Wearing boots all the time. Boots aren't comfortable for me. I don't particularly like the looks of them.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Really I'm quite different than my mother when it comes to body build & style.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Only a Republican sweater given to me by my kids!
16. Please describe your body.
Small on top, a bit bigger below my waist.
17. Please describe your mind.
Intelligent The mind of a teacher Sense of humor
18. Please describe your emotions.
Depends on what I experience. Can be sensitive
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Capris, Tee, Cardigan
Tinted moisturizer, lipstick, eye shadow
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Only important depending where I'm going.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
October 12 Born in Ohio & live there & in Florida now.
Have lived in Wisconsin & Michigan
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married 4 kids