Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am wearing one of my favorite pieces of clothing.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, if they look interesting.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire the way they wear a certain piece of clothing. Or how they choose to wear their hair.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, when I realized that I did not have to wear the top brands to make sure that I was fitting in. fitting in was something that became unimportant and thus those brands became unnecessary.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
If it is something you don't plan on wearing all the time, don't bother trying it on. If it looks like it fits get it.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Allows be as comfortable as possible, no matter what you are doing.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I was talking to my mom about buying second hand clothes (which I used to hate) and she said something along the lines of 'as long as you like it, it doesn't matter where it came from'.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Make a plan or list, do it in that order if possible.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Baggy Sweatshirts. I own about 10. They are easy to put on with anything, they can accessorize well.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
High wasted pants (jeans) and half shirts. I think the look is weird and makes people look shorter than what they are.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother has wide hips and a small bust. She only buys shirts that are long enough to cover her hips/butt because she is uncomfortable. I still tend to wear clothes that cover my hips/butt completely even though I don't think myself self-conscious of them.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes. When I moved from the North to the South in Middle school everyone wore tight t-shirts from the most expensive (teenish) stores in the mall, and the skinniest jeans possible. I definitely picked that up, then dropped at the end of high school
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
If always liked solid colors and simple accessories, so that hasn't changed, but when I came to college only 1/4 of my wardrobe got utilized because i only dressed in jeans/sweatpants and t-shirts/sweatshirts. Then again in college I've had to buy more professional clothing which I would have never done before.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Short stature. Wide hips, small waist, large bust, wide shoulders. Longer torso in comparison to legs.
17. Please describe your mind.
Fast paced, humorous, logical.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Unapologetic, locked-up, numerous.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Grey tank top, black sweatshirt with red lettering 3 sizes too big. Soft banded pajama pants with pink, light blue, periwinkle, black and white patterns, tapered at the ankle. Light brown moccasins/slippers. Two silver rings, one on each hand. Hair is in a messy side braid.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Not important. Just clothes I threw on after my post run shower.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
12/1/1993. Live in Upstate New York currently.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Technical, Information technology.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
Undergraduate college student. Female.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Okay, more inquisitive about my clothes.