Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when somewone i like/admire tells me i am looking good
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
yes, selfconfident, goodlooking women
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
goodlooking, selfconfident, classy, stylish
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
seeing a woman that had 'it all': well dressed, lovely hair, right make-up
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
feel comfortable, follow your intuition
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
again: follow your intuition
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
have not had one (can't remember)
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
quality (all details together)
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
i feel confident wearing them
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
yes, not my style
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
yes, in some way. my mother was rather conservative and i think i am also
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
no i think it was more a transformation
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
a bit of overweight, specialy tommy, good looking breasts, nice hands. i dont like my knees
17. Please describe your mind.
curious, open, loving beautiful people, things
18. Please describe your emotions.
high ups, low downs, tend to overdo things
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
body lotion, daycream, mascara, hair long and a little bonded togehter
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
important for selfconfidence
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
seeing is affecting
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
yes, style, they are important, i want to be known for my (good) taste and most important i want to be qualified as stylish
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
not right now
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
yes, life style and interior
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
yes, experience, having made mistakes, being in some sort of balance now
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
i think i keep on picking things uptryi
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
trying to be goodlooking in a natural way
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
everything, i used them several times already .....
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
dress up to feel confident
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
having an eye for details being balanced
34. What do you consider very ugly?
too much of everything
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
she should be a bit brighter (not so severe), stand up more upright
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
do i have to work of can i get dressed up like a lady
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
big difference, no make-up/make-up choosing clothes instead of just putting them on
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
25-05-1953 amsterdam holland, nijensleek holland
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
white, middle/upper class
What kind of work do you do?
owner boutique hotel
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
married, two sons
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
i want to belong to the upperclass
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
it was fun, so i feel good