Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am wearing makeup, dressed in all black...particularly leather.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes I definately notice women in the street who are dressed up wearing makeup, hats, leather jackets, hoops, heels, or anything cute and modern.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire their makeup or well put together people by the way they are dressed whether they are at work or not. I love women who wear heels during the day. I am self concious to wear heels during the day because I feel too tall to wear them.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I went to prom freshman year of highschool and I put on makeup for the first time, I havent skipped a day since (except at the gym).
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Don't buy overpriced items you are only going to wear once.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
what im doing that day
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
a look that only i can pull off
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
getting dressed vs being stylish
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
black with a pop of color
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
catholic grade school, jesuit high school, i consider myself well dressed.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
absolutely, I went thru a rocker phase of tatoos, and bad ass leather pants that i cant pull of anymore because im too old for that.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
jewelry, nail polish, and hair dye
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
black on black
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
all the time
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
sometimes i like seeing myself but other times i hate it. depending on what kind of hair day im having
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
marilyn monroe, kim kardashian, and candice swarnpoel
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
all the time. i wake up thinking i have clothes in my hands some times.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
boho pants that are super baggy
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I would wear a sports bra to the gym if i could...but I think its a little trashy to do so especually since my gym is filled with all old women.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
dont wear things that you dont feel comfortable in.
if your going out to dinner always dress it up with a blazer if your feeling low key about it.
Adding jewelry is always a plus.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
yes, i have a x mas package i got from V.S with five different perfumes and ive had them for about a year. I switch off whatever mood i am feeling
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
work out regularly
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Everyday. Mac, bobbie brown, urban decay, benefit, sephora & nordstrom
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
The new internet age with crop tops, chokers, and booty shorts. Just not my style. Although i do love high waisted shorts but not people who cant pull them off.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
clothing: hippie, shiq, designer, and simplistic
Jewelry: boho, vintage, anything that has meaning, and a lot of crystals
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
My jean jacket because it goes with anything
Also my black Marc Jacobs leather purse
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
I keep a dress that I wore on Venice Beach because the first time i wore it, my first love told me he loved me. I will never get rid of it.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
A lot of my closet goes missing because I lent it to friends and what not. My vintage sparkly dress.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
I would be age appropriate. I am 22 and have a boyfriend, so nothing too provactive.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
My $400 jean jacket. That is my life. Its from LF.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
Black on black
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
No, messy. All shoved in...but I am a well put together woman.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
My 18th year old b day ring that has my birthstone
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
Urban, American Apparel, Ambiance, Anthroplpgie
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
Yes, like a girl.
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
I would like a career where I can dress up all the time when I graduate from school.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
i carry all my makeup with me. I also love wearing scarves when the weather is appropriate.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
06/23/92, san francisco, california
What kind of work do you do?
I don't work, I am a full time student
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I have a boyfriend