Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
I feel more attractive the day I feel really comfortable with my body and that is when I feel phisically and mentally ok, relaxed, ballanced, freshened by rest. That does not happen during the first days of my menstruation, when I feel swollen and tired. I mean, feeling attractive is related to being self-confident and comfortable with yourself in all aspects, feeling powerful and full of energy, being playful and open.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I tend to look women on the street, probably more than men even if I am heterosexual.
I always look at women that love themselves and enjoy life and play with clothes: happy colours, unusual combinations, smartness, eccentricity...and being all this natural and accompanied by a smile.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire the originality, the use of bright colours, specially during winter....the way they keep up with everything with a smile and a bright coloured accessory or one that is already supposed to be old-fashioned (long gloves, a hat...etc.)
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I think being closed to my maternal gran mother, who was such a stylish person, with a romantic character, quite dreamy, inspired me, first, in the use of high heels, that I used to stole her on order to try them, and also with make up. I was maybe 8 or 9 back then, although, my interest in fashion grew faster since being a teenager.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Always buy cheap...I love buying cheap although sometimes I buy too many things that do not deserve (so much) space in my wardrobe and I loose too much time looking for special offers.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I tend to wear loose fit skirts and dresses around my hips, to avoid attention into them as I tend to develop saddle bags, atlhough if you are skinnier in that part of your body would be unnecessary
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Dresses. They are easy to combine, specially the ones with just one colour, they are comfortable and if they are the way I like (A-shape) there is space enough if I gain a little weight, because I tend to retain it in my hips
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother and me have an opposite body type and we do not share neither the same style, normally, although I like some of her accesories, like daring sun-glasses
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I do normally tend to follow my own style inspired by many things, so, probably, I have been influenced by them although unconsciously I presume
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Some years ago I got much thinner, and lost an important amount of weight taking into account my height. I do not know what realy happened, It was during a busy time in my life (I was working and attending Uni at the same time, partying hard and at that time I move to another city). While getting thinner I started to enjoy more going out shopping and buying thight clothing that I had never ever think about wearing. I felt more confident and that helped me met a lot of guys at that time; previously I was very shy with men, in fact, I avoided them
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
You may tell that I am out of the system as I work in an office at a multinational company and I do not normally wear a suit and high-heels (I put first being comfortable) but I must say that formal dress-codes are getting much more relaxed lately in general
16. Please describe your body.
I am petit, I look a bit like a doll. I am 31 although I seem to be younger. I have dark long hair, quite strong. My eyes are big and greenish and my nose is ballanced although i have a marked nose ridge. I also have heart shaped full lips. My neck is long and my boobs are delicate, as well as my waist. My buttocks are quite big but well formed and my hips are powerful, such as my thighs. Me feet are small but wide and a little bit chubby, like baby feet.
17. Please describe your mind.
My mind is caotic but interconected, full with images that relate to one another. It is not strictly rational as It serves information by linking similar ideas in order to construct a conclusion.
18. Please describe your emotions.
My emotions are like fire. A bit uncontrollable. The give me my best and my worst moments. I am not bipolar, at least that I know, but that is how I feel.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
In my hair I wear a poney tail and my clothes are simply a tracksuit, not combined. I am barefeet as I am resting in my bed with a blancket and my computer
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
With female friends, with my ex boyfriend (not so ex) and with my mother, I guess.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
They affect the way you dress because they are telling you, indirectly, how you SHOULD dress. No one can scape from it unless you want to be an outsider, although I do not like to follow the rules, at least in a strict way so I addapt the official style a little, by playing as much as I can. Sometimes I am a bit eccentric with clothes, but not too much,
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have taste with colours, an eye for wearing clothes that that flatter my body, although I would not say that I have style because I do not normally sacrify my comfortness in order to be fashion/stylish.
You can have taste, being armonious.You have style by standing out from the crowd
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
150 euros in a coat
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
A flare dress, to feel I do not have to worry about it and that I can breath properly and eat more relaxedly (I tend to feel bloated after eating, specially If I feel nervous), and an armonius outfit with a bit of bright colours in accessories to feel under control with clothes but awake.