Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
It depends on the day.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
pick up whatever seems like I'd like and try it on.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
wear whats comfortable, as long as it is appropriate for the event you're going to.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
not really, I take life one step at a time and kinda just see where things lead me.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Nothing really, I have a bunch of t-shirts, and things like that, but they're all from events i've done.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
not really, well as long as I'm covered I'm fine with most fashion.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I'm not really sure.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
probably, I don't think much about it really.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I'm 5'4", in shape/thin, 32C boobs
17. Please describe your mind.
constantly thinking, and busy with thoughts.
18. Please describe your emotions.
my emotions are generally positive and happy, but certain events can change that.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
right now I am not wearing any make-up, my hair is in a pony tail, and in wearing,my running watch, sweatpants, and a t-shirt.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It's not so much important as comfortable, except my watch, i use that on a daily basis for running.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
they don't effect much.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Nah, I go with the flow, and like a bunch of clothing.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
no, because I always wear what I buy, so it's not really a waste.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
yea! and other things that I know I like would be, art, photography, animals, helping others, music, playing volleyball, basketball, and running.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
not really, I kinda just picked things up on my own.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
nothing at all.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
confident to me means someone who doesn't second guess what they're doing, and comfortable has many different definitions to different people.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
I would say that I don't have one, just wear what you like, because style is all relative to you.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
some people's personalities.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
I just pick out what I like.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
to have clothing on.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
dressing up includes doing your hair and nails and make up
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
I do have to wear a uniform and its pretty ugly.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
I'm laid back, and quiet, not me is hectic and loud.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
nothing that I can recall.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
yeah, and to kind of make a statement that different is good.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I'm not sure.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
A school uniform, and sports uniforms.
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
comforting because I don't have topic out clothing everyday.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
I like today's era, I mean I can wear any fashion from the past today.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
I think "oh hey, look! It's me, that's neat."
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
I don't know, wearing a romper, I just don't like how they feel.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I'm completely comfortable with my body, so what I wear now.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
not at all.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
perfume is nice to have, to give you a scent different than others, and i occasionally wear it.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I don't wear it, I hate the way it feels.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
None at all.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I own a range of clothing and jewelry.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
sweats, t-shit, and my earrings.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
a dress, and I keep it because I wear it when I have a special occasion to go to.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
I'm not really sure.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
I'd keep my team shirt cause it has memories.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
when I need them, and I browse until I see what I like.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
I can't tell what I smell like usually, I'm happy as long as I'm clean.
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
80. How does money fit into all this?
I don't spend much.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
My running watch.
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
Not really, I don't listen to others.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
when I underdressed.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
December 3, 1998, I was born in Snohomish, Washington, and live in Attleboro, Massachusetts right now.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I'm in a relationship
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?