Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
After a shower
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Those with interesting looking outfits/style.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Becoming more Bold; when I majored in Graphic Design.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
SALES. Everything will become on sale eventually. ;)
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Shoes,bag, and scarf should match colours.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I honestly don't know.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Nail polish, all the colours there's never enough! Oh and scarfs, since I'm a hijabi.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Animal prints. Just not my thing.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I can't think of any.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I cannot remember a specific thing.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Not dramatically, but I started adding bolder outfits. i.e flashy colours or printed scarfs, exchanged some of my plain scarfs for others.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I try to be as conservative but stylish as possible.
16. Please describe your body.
Curvy. Not exactly overweight but not thin either.
17. Please describe your mind.
Conflicting ideas. Creative. Misses math.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Mostly, sad. Occasionally, happy.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
PJ pants, a jacket, no makeup, and my hair is in a bun. Yes, you got it right, I'm in my dorm room.Alone.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I would say it tells about a person, but,honestly, I doubt my style tells enough ,if anything, about me.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
It affects what is socially acceptable.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have taste because I know what I like when I see it. As for style? I don't think I show off enough of my true style.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes, a cardigan, but only because my aunt took it.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
If I wear a top I'm not sure about, I put on a jacket above and only take it off when I'm comfortable enough about it.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
In writing. One can have a style in writing, no?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
YES. For my first day at university I wore purple pants and a black coat. It made me feel confident because I was being bold and that's how it goes in Graphic Design department.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yeah. Yes. Oui.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I picked a lot of things up, but I got my basics from my mother and sisters. I learnt how to get away with mixing formal and casual.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I keep my hair crazy curly, red lipstick, hot shorts, and a sweater.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
It all comes together, if you're comfortable enough in yourself and the outfit you chose you'll look "confident".
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
I'd say you're looking for answers in the wrong place.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Printed pants with a printed shirt. Or too many colours that don't match.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes and no.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
Yes, probably based on my ex.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Something fast and pretty.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Look good, but without looking like I'm trying to hard.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Full makeup and heals.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Sweater and dark jeans.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Maxi dress with a blazer and heals is ME. Cut shirts is not me.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
Religious family. I want to look good, but conservative. Look beautiful, but not seductive.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
I cannot recall anything.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Blazer. Simple eye makeup and some base. As for my hair, I'd probably have a scarf on, So it would be plain and professional.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I don't have any expectations.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
Both. Depending on how early I have to wake up.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Cannot recall anything.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
Yes, when I'm on my period.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
The 70s. They're just epic.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
I look weird.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
March 23rd 1996, Beirut Lebanon.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Almost anything is acceptable in Lebanon.
What kind of work do you do?
Graphic Design school
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like my hair.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Meh. Cool one.
Writer, graphic designer in progress, and occasionally suicidal. But aren't all artists?