Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm wearing jeans, boots and a tight fitting shirt. When my hair and makeup is on point.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice girls/women that are dressed particularly well and sometimes I admire their originality. But sometimes I'll stare at a girl/woman if they're wearing uncreative and conformist clothing such as anything from Superdry, Vans and kaki parkas with faux fur hoods ( I hate when girls/women wear these because they're so sheeple).
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
If they are wearing an outfit that actually suits them and if they've put it together really well. Also, If someone has done their makeup just right instead of caking on the foundation, I can begin to see their true beauty.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Recently I got into the 'Emo' fashion, although I think using the word 'Emo' to classify something is offensive and I disagree with it as it is often followed by discrimination. This happened in the past year.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I don't really have any shopping rules
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I mostly wear black or pink or purple, and I always match my eyeshadow with what I'm wearing. I never ever wear crop tops an I would not be caught dead in a kaki parka. They are just so conformist.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I don't know
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I don't think so
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Skinny jeans, I love them. They just make my legs look so good.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yeah I have my mum a FatFace scarf and necklace for her birthday and she never takes them off. She loves them.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
WEARING KAKI PARKAS WITH FAUX FUR HOODS. They are disgusting, unoriginal and conformist and I t makes me sad when I see a group of three or more girls all wearing identical parkas. Also, what is the deal with this weird black legging and Timberland suede boots combo? It's ugly and makes you look like a builder. Similarly, I dislike it when I see a group of three or more girls all wearing the same Vans trainers.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Maybe a little bit. She loves FatFace and so do I.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes about five months ago I started wearing black clothes and other clothes that are considered 'Emo' but I disagree with this catagorising as I earlier mentioned.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I'm just above avergae for my age. I've been told that my shoulders are very wide and muscular like a swimmer's shoulders. I have quite small breasts (well I think so anyway), I'm about eight stone something, I'm not overweight or underweight and I think that my ass looks great, even if I say so myself. Apparently, my legs are really long but they look normal to me. I have some scars along my left arm and right leg from self-harm. I hide these a lot and I haven't worn shorts in ages.
17. Please describe your mind.
My mind is full of metaphors and music
18. Please describe your emotions.
I think I'm quite an introverted person. I think about all the bad that's going on in the world and it's makes me very sad. I've had suicidal thoughts in the recent past. But my friends tell me I'm sweet and thoughtful.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I'm wearing a neon pink shirt and dark wash skinny jeans both from Next, some FatFace slippers, a dark grey JE hoody and I took my makeup off like ten minutes before writing out this survey answer. My hair has been straightened and I'm wearing it down with my fringe side-swept and hair sprayed. Also, I'm wearing black earrings.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Skinny jeans are important because they make me look and feel amazing, my hoody is important becasue my mother bought it for me after hearing that Ipassed my Grade Five Theory Exam, it's important for me to have straight hair and a side-swept fringe because otherwise I get called nasty things like a poser.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Not at all
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I have both and they are equally important. Style isn't when you see somebody popular or a celebrity wearing a particular pair of shoes and you make it your goal to get an identical pair - that's called insecure conformism - style is when you know yourself what you like and you don't spend tons of money on labels but you can still put together a sassy outfit that you feel comfortable in.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yeah I spent £18 on a little wooly hat from Accesorize because it had a raccoon face on it with ears and it was sooooooooo cute!
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Yeah coordination your makeup with your clothes, matching your jewellery as much as possible, not wearing navy with black.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I think so. I have a certain style of music that I love.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes I wore a posh dress that I didn't like to an interview at the RWCMD because I knew that they'd be judging the way I dress (even if they didn't mean to). I just wanted to look like I was taking it seriously.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes I do and I know what I like about life as well. I don't know where it comes from, by I think my dad taught me not to be a sheeple.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
My mum told me about the accessories thing, I picked the rest up.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I'll do winged eyeliner with not overdone lashes, maybe some silver shadow, I'll keep my lips simple with just a tiny of colour from tinted lipbalm, I'll keep my cheeks soft and matte and I won't overdo the foudation. I make sure that my hair is either dead straight or wavy from plaits. I soften it with serum. This usually does the trick.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Comfortable is when you can wear something around town or somewhere else in public without feeling like people are judging you. Confidence is when you can understand that you're beautiful and you don't let self doubt get in the way. You walk around like you're the last person on Earth.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
OMG I've basically already answered this question!
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Beauty is when you keep your hair clean and don't let it get greasy. Beauty is when you can confidently smile and look into somebody's eyes without shame. Smiling makes people 40% more attractive.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
If someone has a ton of acne or they dribble or have hair coming out of warts or moles. I hate when guys have greasy hair. Also, when someone's teeth are messed up and totally off centre.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes but it's taken me a long time to learn
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
SASSINESS AND ORIGINALITY
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Jewellery. A shit ton of jewellery.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Parkas are not me. Vans are not me. Superdry is not me. FatFace and JW is me.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I don't think I've been influenced by my cultural background at all
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
OMG when I was like nine or ten I had the most horrendous fashion sense. I used to wear all the same colour of things. It was lla about "coordination" or some other rubbish.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
We are not allowed to wear boots to school, even when it's muddy and raining and hailing and there are ankle deep puddles, but I where them anyway.
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
OMG I need to work in my posture and never smile with teeth ever again
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Yes Gerard Way or other rock/punk celebrities.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yeah weirdly I dream about walking around in public with no shoes.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Shorts all the time
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
Yeah my boyfriend.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
DO NOT WEAR A KAKI PARKA OR VANS OR ANYTHING FROM SUPERDRY YOU JUST LOOK LIKE A SHEEPLE
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I love perfume!
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Hide my cuts
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
I can't go out in public without just a little bit of makeup on
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
LOOK ABOVE ^^^^^
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
A lot of jeans
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
My black hoody
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
A beautiful dress that I've never had an excuse to wear but I keep it just in case
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My black skinny jeans
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Not buy anything silly or conformist
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
Yes it's a black military style drummer jacket but cost £60 but I love it
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Yes this fluffy grey scarf+good with ears. When wearing it, I used to pretend I was a wolf and then I got into wolves and wolf-fiction and have done ever since.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
I don't think so
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
05/05/00 I was born in London and I live in Cowbridge in Wales now
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I don't have anything
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a student
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I have a boyfriend
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I love my hair. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Haha I'm don't need a bio