Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When my hair looks good and I have little bit of make-up.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I don't have a type. But I would say that I notice different women. Different colour of hair, some piece of clothes that catches my eye.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Smiling. Always smiling, always having great make-up. I can never achieve it.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yeah. YouTube gurus.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I've never had one.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I love hoodies. They're amazing, comfortable, match with everything that I wear.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I don't really know. Propably yes.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
There is so many of them. I don't participate.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I'm just 17 years old. We'll see in the future. But right now we don't have the same style or body shape.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Of course I did.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yeah. Summer between 8th and 9th grade. In 8th grade I wore colour and all this "happy" stuff but then I started wearing just black clothes. I was in that depressed stage of my teen life.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Skinny, average breasts, great legs, I love them.
17. Please describe your mind.
I really don't know how.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I'm moody, very sensitive.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Tank top with Superman on it. Leggings. It's down, non-straighten.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I don't think it is.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I have a taste.
Of course taste is more important.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I don't really buy lots of clothes.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
My thinking, cleaning.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I don't know how to answer this question.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I just picked up things.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I'm just wearing things that I really like and are comfortable. I don't really wear make-up. Just when I go somewhere special or I just feel like putting some mascara and eye liner on. And with my hair, I have short hair - Miley Cyrus style. I don't do much with it. Just straightening it.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
You feel comfortable if you like what you wear, you feel good in it and nobody can tell you otherwise. If you seem confident, that means that you feel comfortable in what you're wearing.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Oh god, I don't know. There is a style philosophy?
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Tons of makeup, fake tan, blond hair extensions and those things, that really doesn't make you pretty, but ugly as F...
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yeah. I just think of what I already have in my closet and what I am wearing a lot and if I really need it.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
They look like lesbian.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
I just take one of my usual outfits. I don't think of it much. I don't have much of clothes.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Feel good, comfortable. I don't care what others think.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
You dress to not be naked.
You dress up for some special event, etc.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Jeans, sneakers, shirt and jacket.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
I'm little bit of a tomboy.
Totally not high heels, dresses, skirts...
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I don't have any cultural background.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
In 8th grade I was trying really hard to fit in and be like others. You know, make-up everyday, straightened hair, trendy clothes.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I don't have to feel or look prefessional. I'm in high school.
But propably not much of a make-up, clean, comfortable clothes, straightened hair.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
Well, I'm in high school so...
I just don't care, what are others wearing and what they expect me to wear.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
I find it constraining. You can't really free yourself.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Hoodie, shirt, leggings, sneakers, jacket.
It's comfortable and I look and feel good in it.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
Czech republic, right now.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
A little bit. It depends.
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
"LOL, my face looks hilarious."
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Miley Cyrus. Totally.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Dress, high heels, long blond hair.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I am totally comfortable with my body now, so...
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Please, don't show us your breasts and asshole. Thank you.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
It's nice, but I don't wear it.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Well, to be clean...
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Not much. I don't usually wear it.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
This girly style. Dresses, skirts, high heels and all of this. I'm just not girly girl.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
Hoodies, jeans, leggings, sneakers, some dresses and high heels for special events. Shirts, t-shirts, tank tops and jackets. Nothing special.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
Leggings and hoodie.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
This amazing crop top.
I don't wear it 'cause I don't feel good in it and I'm just keeping nice things. I can't get rid of it. I'm waiting for me to feel good in it.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
I've never had a lots of clothes but propably shoes.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
This amazing black dress. I've lend it to my friend and never seen it again. Because it was the only dress that I really liked and wore a lot.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My dark blue hoodie.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
I would spend a lot of money on it.
I would buy things, that I'd really wear, liked and feel good in them.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
I don't remember so I propably don't have it.
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Yes, my black tank top. That change my whole style.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Yes, I do. I'm little bit of perfectionist.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
No, I didn't.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
With my dad. When I really need something.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
I like to smell good.
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
80. How does money fit into all this?
I don't have a lot of money, so I don't go shopping often.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
Yeah. Necklace with my zodiac sign on it from my grandma. She gave it to my mom, when I was born.
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
I think it was in 7th grade when I started to kind of get into the fashion and style thing.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Prague, Czech republic.
Velvary, Czech republic.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I don't really like it.
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a student in high school. Economy.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I have a boyfriend.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I love my body, because I can wear anything I want.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Still the same.