Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm wearing heels and a fabulous dress and my hair is blown out to an inch of its life.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Put-together, polished, fashionable women. Women wearing Louboutins, women toting beautiful bags, women looking the perfect blend of effortless and chic.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I love women who spend time on their hair.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I was twelve and started reading Vogue.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Never check the size tags until you fall in love with an item.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
It's always better to be overdressed.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Basic cashmere sweaters.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Grunge revival. I hate grunge. It's dirty and ugly and high-waisted black jeans give you pregnancy stomach. Ugh.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I always steal my father's college sweatshirts and my mom's cashmere.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I was twelve, my style changed from "basic pre-teen who just wants to fit in" to "basic pre-teen who loves fashion and couture and style".
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Slender, petite, 5'0". Boyish, almost.
17. Please describe your mind.
Smart, I hope?
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I'm wearing Gucci silk pants that I got on sale for like $100 and a black cashmere tank top with cheap black low wedges. I have on black mascara and peachy-nude-ish lip tint. My hair is down and wavy.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It makes me feel confident.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes. My Manolo Blahnik orange leather sandals. They're a half-size too small, and they were final sale.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Everyone looks chicer with red lips.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Red lips. Short skirts. Hair up.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
red cashmere v-neck sweater
crisp white button-down shirt
short herringbone a-line miniskirt
black ballet flats
cobalt boyfriend cardigan
crisp white button-down shirt
skinny black silk trousers
black ballet flats
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
me- nothing gauche, no crazy trends, NEVER ANIMAL PRINT EVER EVER
not me- grunge. animal print. tacky.. i hope!!
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
omg that's so cute i'm going to post that on all my social media accounts and maybe this one guy will think i'm hot!
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
more low-cut tops.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
yes. chanel mademoiselle mixed with hermes hiris.
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
usually only mascara and lipstick,
80. How does money fit into all this?
my parents have it. i've never questioned my financial security and have been able to buy whatever i want or need.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
November 26, 2000
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
White, female, vaguely Jewish, well-off
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
How do you feel after filling out this survey?