Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am wearing a good outfit
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. Unique looks (in appearance and fashion)
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
When they have respect for themselves. This always shows in the way they dress.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes and No. My opinion is always changing and I am always discovering new things.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Don't buy a piece of clothing if you don't NEED it.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't like to wear crop tops or short shorts/skirts.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Helping people figure out what clothing style suits them best.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Somethings are different than others. Some things I am really motivated about and others not so much.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Over sized Tees! They are comfortable and suit my body well.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes. I always like to give my friends or family clothes I don't necessarily wear anymore.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I don't like thongs or flats. They are not trendy and are boring.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Not really for body, but mum has influenced my fashion quite a lot!
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes! I realised that leggings were a horrible item of clothing... and started to become more aware of the fashion world.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I have thin calves and forearms, but chunky thighs, chunky stomach and a round face.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am VERY imaginative. I think about things a lot.
18. Please describe your emotions.
A lot of things make me happy but also sad. I get frustrated very easily but it doesn't take much to make me laugh either!
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing tight black skinny jeans, an over sized grey Tee with navy high top cons. My hair is naturally straight (i leave it out) and am wearing soft foundation with bronze and mascara.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I like to think everyone has a say about fashion. And also that everyone can have inputs.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Everyone I know.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
School (Uniform), Sports (Uniform)
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Yes I do. Taste means the type of clothing you like and Style is how you wear the clothing, both are equally important.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Ha-ha yes! A lot of stuff actually, mostly things I love in the moment but am not sure about a week later.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
I have just learnt what clothing items suit my body best which hides my tummy ha-ha.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Yes. In Art and design.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Not really. I like to wear track pants to feel calm and relaxed.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes and yes. Im good a both.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Yes, I kind of just picked things up but mum always helped me find clothing that suited my body shape.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Wear nice makeup, style my hair nicely and wear dressy up clothes.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
People who are comfortable in their own skin come across as confident. A lot of girls look for people like this.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
I like pattern on pattern but also plain on plain. I am good at putting people in the right colors and can fit their clothing well.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes. It took me a while though.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I just think of what the people I know would think or say.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Makeup, comfy outfit and packing a shoulder bag.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Making myself happy and comfortable.