Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm healthy and wearing something comfortable yet interesting.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes! I always notice women with similar style to me, or style that I'd like. The best are those who look great seemingly effortlessly.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I think it's great when women seem confident without being arrogant, and confident within a group of other women without being competitive.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I think there have been a few? Most recently though, it occurred to me that even though I love clothes and clothes shopping and owning nice clothes, I never particularly enjoy getting dressed. It's usually stressful trying to find ensembles that are appropriate and "flattering", but now I think -- what the heck even is "flattering"? Who am I dressing for? Why don't I buy things that I like, even though I really like them? I think I'm just far more conscious of that sort of thing now.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
dOES MY BUTT LOOK WEIRD IN THIS??????????
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
how weird does my butt look today??????
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Jeans!!!!! There are just so many pairs and they're trusty.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes, I like gifting people jewels and then seeing them wearing them :--).
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yah: I've stolen mum's enormous 80s denim jacket, my grandpa's 60s football jumper + a pair of patched jeans
16. Please describe your body.
I think it might be regular, but I'm not sure sometimes.
17. Please describe your mind.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
jeans (always), oversized fisherman's knit, flat mules, hair = a bun that has fallen a very long way down my back and is now reminiscent of something you'd find on an Amish lady, face = end-of-day make up (1 cup of concealer + mascara etc.)
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I think it's mostly important to me of course. I really don't think the people around me would love me any less if I wore different clothes, or less/more makeup. It's important for me to feel like I made an effort I guess - I made an outfit today! I'm not a real slob!
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My friends, my mum occasionally, my aunt and my boyfriend.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Red lipstick does for me what I imagine it does for a large number of women. Makes me feel pretty and confident and like I made an effort.
Making a simple white tshirt look good or special is also really nice - I feel like I've accomplished something.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes, generally. Maybe I'm too wary sometimes, but there are some things I've skipped buying that I look back at later and feel relieved.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
What is the weather like today? What will it be like later? I'm terrified of being dressed weather- inappropriate! And then: who am seeing? where am I going? why am I going there? are my favourite pair of jeans in the wash? am I wearing too much black? can you ever be wearing too much black?
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Balance, comfort, polish
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Vintage jeans, tshirt, some sort of comfortable shoe
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Me: jeans, every white t shirt ever, black leather accessories, beanies, dainty jewelry, great socks, Clubmasters
Not me: bandage dresses, pale lipstick, jeggings
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
No!!! Mirror shows different image to camera???
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
Who is that
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yes, I dreamed once that I was trapped in a storage room with a parrot and I was wearing workout tights and a red bikini. Terrifying.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Anything involved heels in the daytime.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Shorter dresses! Maybe more crop tops! So many bikinis!
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I like it and I wear it but I don't think it should interfere with your daily activities or anyone else's, and the scent should be event-appropriate. Daily, I like a neutral earthy scent that doesn't linger anywhere I am not.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Mascara, just recently. I kind of feel naked without it. I also feel really silly when my fingernails are too long, or my eyebrows are brushed the wrong way.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Less cheap shit, more stuff I'd wear more often + like more.
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Yeah I recently bought a pair of vintage Levi 501s and my butt doesn't look small and I don't look skinny but I GODDAMN LOVE THEM and also my butt in them
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
Perfect white tshirt, additions to my vintage tshirt collection, perfect knitted jumper, perfect cotton button-up
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
The one that I immediately think of is this hideous, cheap black long-sleeve crop top that I have no memory of considered before buying which turned out to be perfect underneath knit jumpers with a loose stitch - it makes me warmer and you can't see any weird chest skin through the jumper!
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
Day-to-day I like to smell smell-less, or very very subtly earthy, and on special occassions I like to smell a lil bit floral but also kinda watery/woody.
80. How does money fit into all this?
It means I buy things less often than I'd like, window-shop a lot, and sometimes have to compromise on things because I AM A POOR STUDENT
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
My Ray-Ban Clubmasters and Clare Vivier black leather handbag pretty much come everywhere.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
25/09/1995. I was born in Australia and I still live here.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm nineteen and I'm a uni student and I live in a city that's usually kind of sunny but also really not at all very ~~~fashin~~~~
How do you feel after filling out this survey?