Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
I feel at my most attractive when I am smiling. Being happy makes me enjoy taking care of myself ,dressing up and feeling really confident and attractive.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I always notice women on the street. I usually notice women who walk confidently and fast. I admire those who are dressed classy and give the impression that they know precisely what they are doing.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire those women who believe in theirselves. Everyone has flaws but the woman who embraces them and presents herself confidently is really admirable for me.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I started caring about fashion and make-up when I accidently read a Vogue issue. There was a tribute to a designer who explain what his day was like. Then I started watching fashion shows and reading more magazines and I found out that this was what I wanted to be involved in. I think this happened then because I was impressed by the beauty and the magnificence behind every fashion show.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
My no.1 shopping rule is to buy something that matches at least 3 of your items in your closet. Another rule that I follow is that you should buy things that you are sure that you are going to wear if yoy see them hanging in your closet , not something that you think you might need.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't wear more than 3 colors at the same time. I also follow the rule that says that says never wear navy blue with black.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
The most transformative conversation I ever had about style was with my uncle. We were talking about fashion among the years and how trends change but always come back.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I try to make a plan before I do whatever. This helps me organize my time and my duties not only at my studying but in my personal life too. Even though a plan is not always o good idea , especially when it comes to relationships , it helps me face my daily routine calmly.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have many striped t-shirts and black jeans. I think I keep buying these things because they are comfortable ,in fashion and you can combine them with lots of other clothes.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes , I have . Once I bought a casual navy blue dress to one of my friend and she keeps wearing it after three years. I also have given to the same friend a black purse which she uses extensively.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I have refused to participate in the culottes trend because they don't look good on me.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I can. My mother was always taking care of her skin and this habit has been passed down to me too. She also likes wearing black and white outfits and I do too.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I have borrowed earings from my mother because she has both statement and discreet pieces.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
There was a time at middle school when I changed my style dramatically. I used to wear a lot of sportswear and sneakers but when I started keeping up with fashion trends I decided to quit this style and try something new.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No , there isn't.
16. Please describe your body.
I am 1,65 m tall. I weight 59 pounds. I have a small waist , medium breast but large thighs. My face is round and I have short hair. My foot and finger are small. Ι am not fit ,even though I used to go to the gym.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am openminded. I do accept everyone as they are and I like seeing changes in this world.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I am not a very possitive person. I sometimes get suspicious about people and their intentions. I analyze everything and try not to worry ,but I can't. I am full with love for my family and friends because they are a huge part of me.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing a bb cream on my face, mascara on my eyelashes and I have drawn my eyebrows. I am wearing a mude lipstick too. My hair are straight. I am wearing black shorts which look like a skirt on the front and a black and white striped T-shirt. I am wearing a black and white Daniel Wellington watch too.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
I talk a lot about clothes with my uncle ,and my friend Eva.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I believe that I have both. Both of them are important because if you have taste and choose beautiful clothes but can't combine them , your taste is useless. And if you can make an outfit but can't pick oustanding clothes them your style is useless. So taste is about picking nice items and style is matching them.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes ,once I bought a pair of really expensive chelsea boots.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
I have a bra strap concealer that not only it keeps my bra strap concealed, but also keeps my wide neck shirts from falling off of my shoulder.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Yes I do.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
I remember when I had my really important Spanish exams , I was planning my outfit for a week. When I had the speaking test I was feeling really confident about myself and I passed.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I would say that I know what I like in the area of fashion. I believe that generally I know what I want in most of the areas of my life. My discernment comes from a lot of thinking and analyzing.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
My parents definitely tought me a lot of things about clothing. My mother tought me how to take care of them and even make an old item look like a brand new and my father always told me that I wear the outfit , the outfit doesn't wear me.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I pay more attention to my clothing and my make up when I want to feel sexy. At a situation like that I prefer wearing something that shows my back and a red lipstick. Hair is not that important for me.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Comfortable means that you feel nice inside your clothes. Sometimes a really tight skirt can be comfortable if this is what makes you feel ok eith yourself. Confidence isn't about walking into the room with your nose in the air and thinking youa re better than everyone else.It's abaout walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Beautiful is everything that makes me smile. A little baby , a beautiful picture on Instagram, a really cute outfit that I made , my friends' jokes, a nice present..
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Bad behavior and ingratitude is very ugly for me.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes , I believe that I am a good judge of whether what I buy will end up worn. I have figured out how to know in advance.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
The "other person" is confident. She wants to show what she is feeling with her outfit. If you know her you will know when she wears her favorite items and when she likes wearing white. She likes to be coplimented about what she wears and she dislikes looking like someone other than herself. This outer eye is based on my best friend.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
When I wake up and I am joyful I consider my favorite items and I combine them. Then I do my make-up and hair while I'm singing. When I'm moody I wear casual things but also try to be stylish too. I dont wear a lot of make up and don't straighten my hair ,but I still take care of them so they will look like thoroughly disheveled.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
I try to express myself every time that I dress.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing up is being more careful of what you wear and how your make-up and your hair will be like. Dressing is the same thing but not so integrated.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Black jeans , black chelsea boots ,a white knitwear,a grey coat, a black purse and a grey hat when its cold . A black and withe polka dot dress , nude heels ,black purse and Celine sunglasses when it's warm.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Me is perl earings. Not me are crocks.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
I used to enjoy wearing sportswear, leggings , sneakers all the time. Back then it was all about being comfortable at school and being able to practise many sports.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I do feel professional when I try to do my make-up just like Kylie Jenner does.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
No , I don't have.
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
No I don't like wearing a uniform because it is too drab.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Black jeans ,a pale pink knitwear , black boots ,grey coat ,a black hat and a a black matte purse. I like this outfit because you can wear it at school , at brunch , at an interview , at work ,at a date. It is simple yet very stylish.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
No I never wanted to be a man.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
I would love to live in the Victorian age because I love the huge dresses and the complex hair.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
Sometimes yes , sometimes not.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yes , I actually have many dreams like that.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Cyllote with high heels and a white see-through shirt.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I would wear pencil skirts all the time. Also I would wear long fitting dresses.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Less is more is the ultimate rule for me.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Yes I wear perfume , it is like a signature to me.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
I always have to have B.B. cream on my face.
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Even though I wear really discreet make-up ,it is really important for me because it makes me feel presentable.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
My favorite piece of clothing is my black coat ,and my favorite piece of jewelry is my cartier bracelet.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
I have some of my mother's old shorts ,back when she was a college student. I never wear them because she was really tiny ,but I keep them because they are vintage pieces and have sentimental value.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
I would definitely keep my favorite coat.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
I would buy more dresses and skirts and less black items.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
I bought my Ugg boots , which I still wear them after 3 years.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Yes I try to keeps things neat
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
I once bought a pair of sunnies witch I bought only because I wanted to buy something. Now I wear them everyday.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I shop for clothes when the season starts.
80. How does money fit into all this?
I usually spent a lot of money in items that I really like or need.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
I always carry with me my sunnies and my eyebrow pencil.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
I remembered when I went shopping with my mom and I just decided that I wanted to pick what I like and not my mother.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born in 1999 at Larisa , a city in Greece. Now I live in Katerini , a small town near Thessaloniki.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I grew up in a small city , so everything we wear or do is judged here. So I follow the thoery less is more in almost everything in my life.
What kind of work do you do?
I am a high school student.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I am single.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I am a student so I have a lot of studying. But I'm really interested in fashion , culture and art and this is what made me fill out this survey.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I enjoyed filling out this survey . I feel like I know myself a little better.
I am a high school student. I speak Greek, English ,Spanish and a little German. I have a Proficiency degree in English ,and a B1 degree in Spanish. I enjoy learning new things and especially foreign languages.