Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm dressed casual for coffee dates and creative meetings -- black shorts or skinny jeans and a cool tank top or a cute dress. I think it's because I love dressing for those events because I'm going somewhere that makes me happy.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire how some women put so much thought and energy into picking clothes that suit them and are tailored to them. I wish I had the motivation to get my clothes fitted and adjusted -- I often hear it's the trick to making a piece of clothing go from good to great.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Crocs. Self explanatory.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
People always make fun of me saying they would never be able to borrow my clothes because they're all pink. I do like pink, probably a product of being my Mum's first girl. But I am a chameleon, in that if I see an outfit on the street that I like, I'll go out and buy the clothes to copy it. I almost want to thank that person for saving me from trying to figure out how to be stylish on my own.
16. Please describe your body.
I am tall and slim with an athletic build. Always have been and never worn the tight clothes to do justice to all the hard work I do to keep my figure. Something my friends point out often.
17. Please describe your mind.
In a constant battle of fantasy and reality.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am almost ready for bed -- face is newly washed, in a white tank top and a pair of pajama bottoms an ex-boyfriend bought me a couple of years ago. I don't have a sentimental attachment to them anymore, but their too comfy to throw out. My long hair is loosely tied up in a bun.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Selflessness. Not in a detrimental way, but in a desire to influence other people's lives in a positive way in the endless capacities there are to do that...
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Bullying -- at any age.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Femininity and simplicity. I've actually never been very clothes conscious, although often wish I was. I think I try to strike a balance between feeling attractive, but not drawing too much attention to myself. I wish I was more brave.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I am second generation Canadian of British descent. My limited interest in fashion and style doesn't come from my background I fear.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
That I'm not photogenic.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
A costume jewellery ring my sister gave all her bridesmaids to wear on her wedding day. It takes me back to a great memory whenever I wear it...
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
I shudder that I have the most glorious one armed cinnamon dress my friend Margaret gave me that I haven't had the courage to wear. But I vow to break it out along with the confidence it will require to go with its length and body hugging material. THAT dress deserves to see the light of day.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
A broken watch set to my nephew's birthday.