Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am dressed up and have makeup on and wearing high heels
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I love to see women dressed up and making the most of themselves.
I also notice women that take no pride in their appearance
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire the women who have the confidence to wear what they like and not dress like everyone else
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, when I realised that I was better to work with what I was given rather than to fight it. e.g.. not dye my hair a different colour but rather work with it.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I always look for colour first.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I always like to wear makeup.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Hmmm cannot remember but I do remember working in a hospital and realising our time is limited, so we need to be how we want to be while we can.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Now I do, I trust my instincts, instead of justifying.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I buy a number of dresses, although I do not really have the places to wear them. I buy them because they make me feel good. So pretty and feminine.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes because it would look hideous on me.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Yes I am a replica of my mum. Mum wore beautiful clothes and took a real pride in how she dressed. I have followed her style.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, I have a very creative friend who I really admire and in many ways although we are different body shapes she inspired me to bring out my feminity.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Tall, pear shaped, now overweight (sadly) now carry weight around my waist where I never did.
17. Please describe your mind.
Always a work in progress.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Sensitive, caring but practical
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing wide leg pants, cowl printed top. Wearing makeup. Hair is done (long and curled)
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I think it is very important. Image matters.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Everyone and I am often asked about fashion and style
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Depending on where I am working, I have had to be mindful of the clothes and jewellery I wear.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Yes I believe I do have taste and style. Taste is knowing what is appropriate and suitable and style is about knowing how to dress for your body shape and colouring. I believe they go hand in hand.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes, job interviews.