Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
I consider myself most attractive when I wear something special for someone special, whatever that may be. If it turns him on, it turns me on. I also consider myself attractive when I wear flattering clothes for special occasions.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
When it comes to clothes, I buy most of them from film and TV wardrobe. If I like what they fit me in, then I buy it. This saves me from the painful chore of shopping and I get quality clothes at a discounted price.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Conversations about style often bore me. I don't see how any such conversation could possibly transform me.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
When I was younger, I participated in most fashion trends simply because I thought they were fun. My approach now is more classic.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I resemble both my mother and father.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Often, I dress for auditions in order to land roles/parts. I therefore often dress in ways to create a character which may have nothing to do with who I am or how I like to present myself. I like people who wear clothes that accentuate (not necessarily flaunt) their best physical assets.
I have turned pieces of cloth and random fabrics into pseudo dresses. I don't think I invented this but I like the creativity that goes into it.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
At this moment I'm wearing bra and panties and remnants of properly applied make-up which I needed for today's polished look.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I'd rather be perceived as having great taste than great style. Taste, to my perception, goes deeper than style.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I've been told I have style in the way I entertain special people in my life.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing is something I do for comfort, hygiene, protection from the elements, and because it would be illegal to not dress in public. Dressing up is something I take extra time, care and preparation to do.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
The archetypal outfit for me is a little black dress, either mini, midi or maxi, as long as I like the way it looks and feels on me.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
When I was a child, I used to stare at photographs of Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida and Virna Lisi and loved, loved, loved the way they looked! I wanted to grow up to look just like them. Virna was my favourite. They were the role models of my childhood which influenced me into my teens and on some levels, probably even now.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
I would not recommend a busty woman to wear horizontal stripes, but I have, on rare occasions, been guilty of doing this. I have also advised women to not wear high heels if their feet hurt, but I've done this too. Every woman should like the way she looks and feels in her clothes provided they are suitable for the occasion.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
When I was 12 years old I bought two sets of jewellery: pearl earrings and broach and crystal earrings and necklace. I still have them and occasionally wear them. I bought them because they made me feel grown up and glamorous.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I avoid shopping as much as possible as I always hope that whatever role I'm playing for film or TV will fit me in something I like. Of course, this doesn't always work out to my satisfaction! So occasionally I do have to shop. So when I see an item of clothing I really like, I try it on, and if I really, really like it, I buy it and save it for whenever the occasion might arise. I have beautiful dresses in my closet which have never been worn.