Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
I feel at my most attractive when I'm wearing something new I've bought with money I've earned. I pair it with some lipstick and make the most of it. As long as it's not hot, because then I sweat and I don't find that very attractive at all.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I do. I notice them because I see them as inspiration. I hear myself thinking "Ah, I wish I looked as good in clothes like that" or "I wish my butt looked like that in jeans."
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Women are mysterious tempresses. We can't go too wrong in the way we present ourselves.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I cut bangs about 5 years ago and they've stuck ever since. I often wonder if I'm gonna go grey with bangs. It's a weird thought. Make-up; I just do the same winged eye-liner trick I've been doing for years and it seems to work. I feel like I look weird without it. Clothes... My style changes depending on my weight.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I don't have rules for shopping really. If I like it, I buy it. I sometimes walk out of the shop and if I find myself thinking about it later on, then I'll go back and grab it.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
White bras under white shirts. Black every other time. That's about it.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I'm a very calm and collected person. It seems to work.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have many Topshop black skinny jeans. They fit the best and I love them. I have so many because I wear them all to death.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes :) it's great when you see them wearing it.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
High waisted shorts - because I don't have Victoria's Secret model legs. Peplum skirts too - just no.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
We don't have similar style, although her style has improved drastically over the years. I can't take the credit.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I always steal my younger sisters clothing. It's nice to feel like you have an abundance of outfit choices sometimes. If only...
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I was an emo kid at one stage. That died, thankfully so. Now I just wear what I want. Still a lot of black, but I don't really mind it.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
If i wasn't so lazy I'd be super hot. It's not awful or fantastic.
17. Please describe your mind.
My mind is a strange one. I wouldn't quite know how to answer this question....
18. Please describe your emotions.
ups & downs...
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Post-bath, so nothing relevant. Hair is blowdried. nothing WOW.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Friends, colleagues, my mother...
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
My style is quite sophisticated so nothing really affects it.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I have taste. I have an eye for nice things, so I can appreciate them.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes, thrifting. Won't be doing that again.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Wearing black, comfortable but slick clothes.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Don't really know.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
Black skinny jeans.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
No, as a kid I always used to dress myself in the most outrageous outfits.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
March 1992. Cape Town, South Africa
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Single as a russian roulette bullet
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I'm strange and I'm not afraid to be.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Sorry I couldn't complete it, but it's kinda therapeutic.