Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I have my makeup on.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I do notice women on the street. I have a tendency to notice women who I feel are my age. I usually compare my looks to them. Mainly skin. How different people age. I also notice young people who have nice skin wishing I could be young again.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Some of the things I admire about other women are how they apply their makeup and when a women seems very confident.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Nothing has every clicked about fashion for me, unfortunately. I always wanted it to but I'm very unconfident about style. I think I have a better sense of style with makeup. I always loved makeup but didn't learn the correct way of applying it until I took a class on being a makeup artist when I was in my early 50's
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Buy something that your not sure about. I do it all the time and end up returning everything.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Now a days I dress for comfort. I feel it always the best look for going out in public.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Trying to dress more my age.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I am very routine oriented. I work out at the same time every day. My immediate family is mostly who I communicate with everyday. I pay my bills at the same time every month. My breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same every day. So I would say my every day pretty much has the same routine.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have many "v" neck t-shirts and "v" neck sweaters. I am short and I feel this helps to make me appear taller.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I have given both of my daughters nice rings for their 18th birthdays. I know they will always treasure them and think of me when they wear them.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I refused to wear anything boxy. I feel it does not flatter the figure at all. I like to wear things that can help my figure.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mothers body and mine are pretty much the same. My mothers is small and petite and has always been in shape. So far I have stayed the same. As far as style, my mother loved cloths and lived to shop for cloths. I don't have that same passion because I'm never sure about what I am buying.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
After I stopped working after 17 years, I just didn't care that much about cloths. When I was working and young I did love to buy cloths and look stylish.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Not at all.
16. Please describe your body.
Short, petite and in good shape for my age.
17. Please describe your mind.
Common sense smart. Knows in my mind a lot but has a hard time expressing myself.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Very happy, upbeat person. Grateful for everything I have.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I'm wearing black jogger sweats with a grey "v" neck sweater. I have a full face of makeup on and my hair is down and done nice.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I feel the way you look is always the first impression you give to people who don't know you.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
I talk about clothes with my mother and my daughters.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
They real don't. Now a days you can go anywhere however you are dressed.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
A designer black coat that I hardly wear.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
I always try to buy something on sale. It makes me feel better about the purchase.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I like my home to be furnished more contemporary.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
I dressed in a blazer and shirt to look professional for an interview.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes I know what I like in fashion. As for fashion, I'm always on-line looking at what is in and reading fashion magazines. I try to purchase things that I see that are in fashion and that I like.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I like wearing a winged eyeliner and nude lipstick.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
That they really feel like they look great.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
I am a terrible judge of buying things and them not getting worn. I have not figured that out in advance.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
Black leggings or sweats or shorts with a "v" neck top.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
3/4/59. Born in Chicago. Live now in Darien, Il a suburb of Chicago
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a stay at home mom.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married. 3 kids
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
Happy and energentic person
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I didn't mind until I saw how many questions there were