Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
With makeup on, a good bra, my hair up in a top bun, and wedge shoes.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
The ones with really cool or different styles- tomboy or arty looks really catch my attention.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
The confidence to let their clothing be a representation of themselves.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Sales rack first and last, everything else in-between. It encourages me to buy cheap, without restricting the more expensive stuff.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Cover your stomach. I believe myself to be pretty chubby, which is why I do it, but encourage other girls to think differently and be confident... I just wish I could convince myself of the same thing!
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
A pair of men's shoes. I bought them and loved them, so I then bought the next size up as well.
Also, a comfy knitted shirt. It's so hard for me to find winter clothes I like, so I bought four of the same shirt in different patterns/colours.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
The whole felt craze, and having a choker attached to your dress. I hate the way it looks on me.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I'm fifteen, and my style is just like a slightly-younger version of my mum's.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I literally steal from my mum's wardrobe all the time, but she has cool style, so it's all good.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I turned thirteen and realised that K-Mart graphic tees with inspirational quotes don't go with snapback hats and chokers.
16. Please describe your body.
A little curvy everywhere except the hips and butt, which is just about the only place I want to be curvy! I do have a tummy and thighs, and I wear an E cup at age 14.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born in 2001, and I have lived on the Gold Coast, Australia, for two thirds of my fifteen years.
What kind of work do you do?
I'm still a high school student, but on holidays I'm a junior teacher at a musical theatre workshop. I also work at a balloon stall at fairs.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
That I'm procrastinating homework and doing this survey instead.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Like I should probably get started on my homework.