Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm in a boyish style. It's not like I wanna dress up boyishly. I just get more compliments in that case.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Of course. Those who looks elegant.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Confidence, I guess. I admire those who are comfortable with whatever they look like.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes, when my roommate complained about her relatives judging her as a shame because of a mere fashionable look. I wasn't aware of how one's appearance can affect others' impressions until then.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Stay away from bargains which are not on my shopping list.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Stay away from bling. I just hate anything bling.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I've never had that kind of conversation...
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Yes. Just follow my heart. lol
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
No, not really. I do give away clothes every now and then, but they are not gifts, I suppose.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Basically, I refuse to participate in any fashion trend.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Conservatism, for sure.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I exchange clothes with my roommates once in a while. And it is one of my roommates who encourages me to buy clothes second-hand.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
No, there isn't. Conservatism, see?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I'm afraid there is not.
16. Please describe your body.
Plain. 161cm, 47kg. Just plain.
17. Please describe your mind.
Open and curious.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
A black down coat, a festive jumper, a flannel shirt, corduroy trousers and a plaid scarf. No makeup. Ponytail.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Anyway, I cannot be naked. And it speaks of who I am to some extent.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Nov. 11th. Shenyang, PRC China. Beijing.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I have a part-time job, so I buy most of my clothes myself. It's not like I'm financially independent, though.
What kind of work do you do?
College student majoring in art history.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
Well, I was forced to wear a uniform my entire childhood. That's something.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
It's inspiring. I wish that I had thought of some of the questions before.