Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I buy new clothes.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, I do. I notice those woman who use make up and do high light on their hair.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire woman who are dedicated and work hard.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes. When I moved in USA. I had the experience of shopping at the famous mall and then I start have the collection of a lot of fashionable clothes.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I believe shopping should be based on income.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I think the most important rule is to follow the simplest color and shape on the clothes.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
I chat a little bit with sales man about the quality of the clothes.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I start thinking about my budget and follow the price rate which I can handle in paying my expenses.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes, I do. I used to buy items which are similar in design but different in color.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes I did. I gave a beautiful pendent and neckless to my husband's friend who work at his office.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes it happened to me. In one of the Christmas day I refuse to go to mall to see new fashion.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
We almost have similar physiology.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
No I never do that.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes when I was pregnant I gain weight.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Yes I used to live in Islamic country which the official dress was uniform.
16. Please describe your body.
It is thin and normal.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am open minded.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I feel optimistic about life.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I wear frost and glow high light and I have bracelet.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It helps me to overcome my stress and depression.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
I talk with my mom about it.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I used to be a student and I wear student uniform.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Yes I do. Both are important. It mean a lot to consider them in my life.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Yes I did. I bought plenty of souvenirs for my relatives.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
No it never happened to me.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Yes I do.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes I bought the pretty princess dress for my engagement.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes I know. Yes I have experience of changing my clothes style to higher quality and more fashionable.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
No. I pick style which was right for my age.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I buy my make up products and clothes from the retail store.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
It mean a lot to me to have some kind of assurance about the way they live.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
My philosophy about having the clothes are sturdiness.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
I prefer to buy the casual clothes.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Those clothes which has the bad color.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes. I normally think about buying the clothes I want ahead of time.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I am very fashionable. They think I spent enough time for my shopping. Sometimes it happened to me.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
It takes a few minute. I consider to wear sport clothes.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
I try to catch people eye.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
I believe dressing up is much higher then the normal dressing.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
It is blue navy short and ironed.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
I am very sensitive to what I look like and less think about how I should do that.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
My cultural background is living in the middle east. I used to dress uniform.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Yes I did. I used to wear scarf and uniform.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I buy the good quality products from the retail store.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I wear dark blue and black pant at my work place.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
I wear T-shirt and Jean.
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
Yes I was completely comfortable.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
I like to have the high quality clothes.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
It would be USA.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
Yes I am.
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
When I get married.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Yes I think the culture pass from one generation to another.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yes I wear skirt in one of my dream.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
I think it was about long dress with fancy sewing on it.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I would wear fancy dress.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
Yes I try to catch my company attention.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Yes I prefer the normal way of dressing.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I think mine is excellent. It is Elizabeth Arden.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
I used to wear some kind of small jewelry on my clothes.
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
It fit at the best way.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
Yes I have short hair. I do not like long hair.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I have more than 12 jewelry that most of them are earing.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
It is my bracelet.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
I have beautiful dresses that I bought them at the famous store.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
My gold jewelry.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
I will keep my new clothes.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
I would buy more fancy clothes.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
It was my gold. Yes I have.
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Yes When I moved in other country.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
I look for warm clothes.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
It is full of clothes. Yes I do.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
Yes I did few things to my family.
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
Yes. It was about the dress I choose to wear at party.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I go shopping when it is the right time.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
Yes I do.
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
My ambition is to wear good clothes.
80. How does money fit into all this?
It fit greatly.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
Yes I have few of them.
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
Yes they told me my shopping is good.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
Yes. It was when I was teenager.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
September 21 1983. I born at Esfahan. I live in USA.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I am white.
What kind of work do you do?
I was saleswoman.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I am married. I am pregnant.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I am confident to write about it.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I feel great.
I study English and work as an office assistant and associate in company.