Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when I wear a lot of makeup
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, women who have makeup-artist style makeup, well put together outfits, and the conventionally attractive skinny body I wish I could have.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
when women aren't afraid to wear bold makeup or long, blingy nails
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When Kylie Jenner first launched her liquid lipsticks, I suddenly got very interested in makeup. I had never really heard of celebrities having makeup lines, and when I tried it, I went for the bold dark purples and blacks that my friends would never wear. It was a way for me to stand out and express myself in a new, unique way.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I only really go shopping when I'm with my family so I don't pay for anything. I don't have a lot of money to spend on anything but necessities.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I never ever wear black and navy blue in the same outfit, and I try to avoid yellow on my pale skin.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have multiples of almost every clothing item I own. I'm not sure why.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes, I gave my mom amethyst earrings that I got in Scotland, and she wears them every day.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I don't like maxi dresses/ skirts because they make my legs look even shorter than they are.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My family in general tends to genetically have a thicker body type. This doesn't necessarily mean overweight, but I don't have a thigh gap and neither do any other females in my family, and we're very hourglass shaped. My mom's style hasn't been passed down to me. She basically only wears neutrals, purple, and teal.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I haven't stolen any, but I have kept tops my friends have left at my house.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I hit high school, I was pretty much known as the girl who could pull off anything. That's when I started to explore gothic looks, as well as trendy, girly looks, but I would also sometimes wear leggings and t-shirts.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Not particularly, although I do feel very strongly about letting women wear whatever they want to, and not sexualizing their bodies.
16. Please describe your body.
I am almost a perfect hourglass, but my chest is just slightly smaller than my hips. I have a thin waist, but thick thighs, and my arms are a little larger than I would like. My legs are very short and my arms are fairly long. I lost a lot of weight at once, so I do have some loose skin on my belly. My skin is pale and my hair is dark, so despite not having much body hair, it is all very visible.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am intelligent and imaginative. My mind is capable of problem-solving and extraordinary memory. I can always see the good in others, but that sometimes makes me vulnerable.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I am a very emotional person. I tend to have feelings that mirror the situation around me. I have depression, so I sometimes feel crushing sadness or anger in situations that shouldn't warrant the kind of reaction I have. I find happiness in a few things, but when I do, it is very intense happiness. I love deeply and feel strongly.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I have on no makeup. I am wearing a t-shirt and black leggings. My hair is in the same ponytail as it was in yesterday, and the top is a mess from sleeping in it.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Thinking about how I express myself in relation to how I feel can teach me a lot about myself.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Only my family
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Institutions with dress codes affect the way women feel about their bodies, in my opinion. They teach women from a young age that we are sexual objects, and to dress modestly for the convenience of others. Institutions that sell clothing often only depict models of one body type, which I feel like also encourages us to cover our own bodies in shame. I personally don't take these things to heart. Women should wear what they're comfortable wearing.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I really don't think I have either, and I don't know the difference.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I bought an expensive faux fur coat that I've never worn.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
When I dress in a way that I feel like suits me, it builds my confidence. For presentations at school, I would always try to dress in a way that I feel pretty, because then I don't mind attention being on me.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes, I know what I like in general. I'm a very opinionated person. I think this comes from the fact that my parents have never really put reigns on my self-expression or forced opinions on me.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
I wear a lot of makeup, and especially wing my eyeliner. Clothing-wise, I like to wear crop tops, or something black and red. I leave my hair down, because its naturally wavy, or sometimes do a very high ponytail.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
I think anyone can look beautiful in anything if they feel beautiful wearing it. Beauty really comes from the brightness of one's eyes, in my opinion. I think nature is beautiful, love is beautiful, strength is beautiful, passion is beautiful.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Nobody is ugly unless they project hate.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Usually, but it's just about saying "I won;t buy this if I won't wear it."
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
October 28, 1999. I was born in Tennessee and still live here.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Not married, but in a long-term relationship with the man of my dreams.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?