Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When i have control of my life and i feel like im being valued for who i am.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes i do notice and admire women who looks confindent, not just because of their clothes but in general.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
When they speak and act with a natural and confident look.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
For me it was Meeting my husband 17 years ago, he formed me into who i am and showed me how to become a confident woman.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Nothing i can remember.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Same answer as in number 5.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
With mu husband, when he convinced me that i had no trouble wearing smaller skirts, dresses or even a bikini.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I see everything as positive, i feel openminded about life and i the best for people around me.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes i cant live without skirts of a certain look and length. I cant get to many of them lol.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Not really no.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
No not really, im open towards new trends.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
It affected me for over 30 years, i had her look up until i turned 33, from there it changed alot.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Not really no.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Yes when i met my husband at age 32 it all got better in both life and in my wardrobe. He made me see life With New and open eyes.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
No its not.
16. Please describe your body.
Im 5`6 tall, 134lbs With tanned skin, im a 32b and somewhat trained body.
17. Please describe your mind.
A positive and openminded mind who does alot to please both my self and my Family in the daily life.
18. Please describe your emotions.
My emotions are very strong, both when it involves my Family but also when kids and animals are threated badly.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Of work now so no makeup and wearing yoga-pants and top and my hair is short so not much to do With that.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
For me its about my Identity.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Mostly With 3-4 Close friends and even my step-daughter.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Not much other than at my work its a dresscode i have to follow.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think personally i have both but everyones taste is different. For me both is important but Words themself means like i feel good about myself.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Oh yes i do, bought myself some high heels from Louboutin, i got them on a Friday, and i had them on to a party following saturday where i managed to loose them...
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Nothing i can remember.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Not sure what the question is looking for but im a nudist.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Yes i have several times, mostly if im going to take lifechanging decitions or in situations i feel unsecure.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes i know very well when it comes to clothes and fashion and i also feel i do in my life in general as i prefer to have Control and not much surprices. Im not sure why im good at it but im happy i do it.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
They never learned me about that in life.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Then i put on a minidress or a skirt With a see-thru top and heels, i love to wear a very feminine look With Bright red lips and Nails.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
I think when im confident im a better person, as a mother and wife but also at work.
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
That i og for a classic look more often than others would do.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Those little Things in daily-life, a drawing from kids or my husband surpricing me With a romantic dinner is what i feel is beautiful.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
I dont like the Word ugly, i feel its describes Things in bad way
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes i feel i have, most of the stuff i buy, i buy for a reason.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I hope im considered to be a Nice, happy woman who stands for what i do and that is inspired by the romantic and classy look. I cant say its based on other than who i want to be.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
First thing is what my plans are for that day, if its work i prefer a long shower before taking time eating breakfast, puuting my make-up on and getting dressed. If i have a day of i put on some clothes and im ready for whatever.
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
To feel confindent and relaxed, what others think is less important to me.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing up is ocations like party, wedding and stuff, just dressing is a daily routine.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
I do when im at work, we have 3 options, pants, long skirt and short skirt, all With blouse and jacket.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
When it comes to clothes im often seen in skirts, im not a jeans-woman so to say...
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
Raised in a closed envirement With religious parents and Family, it influenced how i was as person up to the point i met my hubby.
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Up to the time i turned 33 clothes ment nothing, now how i dress and look is the 2nd most important thing in my life after my Family.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Cant say i feel Pro in anything i do or wear.
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I support them and follow them.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
Not really no, as i said before in previous questions im wearing skirts alot.
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
No its not.
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
For me it feels safe.
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Skirt or dress, nothing can go wrong or harm me if i wear that lol.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
No thank god im a woman lol.
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
Im happy i live now is all i have to say about that,
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
In some ways i do.
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
Atleast im not more ugly than the others lol.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Nothing i remember atleast.
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
Yes i have but that is more a sexual dream/fantasy.
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
Aslong as im confident im open for anything.
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Im happy about the way my body is and if i could i would not wear clothes at all, i feel even more confident when im naked.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
If anyone it must be my hubby.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Just be yourself.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I wear some yes but its nothing i use every day.
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
A good long shower or taking a bath in my tube is first of all, then putting on newly washed or even New clothes feels great.
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
At work its a big part of me, in private i hardly wear any.
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
No its not.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
Lots of dresses, skirts, tops, heels and even lots of training-gear
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
A dress that is black With see-thru arms and back.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
I dont think its any in my current closet that i dont wear atleast once a month.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
Not really as i feel everything i own has its value at some Level.
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
Nothing i do remember atleast,
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
My black dress i told about in question 65.
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
I think its Perfect the way it is to be honest.
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
High heels, and i weared them out many years ago.
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
Yes when i bought my heels mentioned in question 71, it made me feel grown up and free.
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
Love see-thru clothing in general.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Its organized for sure, in my case its by color.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
Yes, at my 40th birthday husband bought a golden neckless With my own name in it.
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
No i dont think so.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I prefer to shop myself in well known shops.
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
Yes i prefer a smell of summer.
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
It makes me more sure that i can do Things sucessfully.
80. How does money fit into all this?
Money is for sure an issue but i see it as an Investment for the future and for happiness.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
High heels is Close to be weared everyday.
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
Not really no.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
Yes, first time i ever weared a miniskirt in Public, i was 33 and we were in a family-dinner at his parents. I have never before or since been that nervous but it turned out to be the best experience, never looked back since.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Born and raised in Norway and my birthday is 17/9-70
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Raised in a poor and religious Family and im a white woman.
What kind of work do you do?
I work as a head-recepionist in a hotel.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Im married for Close to 17 years, i have 2 kids who is 15 and 12 and a stepdaughter age 24.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
In general im a confindent and happy woman.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I found it to be very funny.