Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm in an outfit I feel comfortable in.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Normally women wearing high-class clothing like suits or dresses.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
The number of ways women find styles for their hair that would be considered formal.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
In middle school I started to add my own styles into my everyday school outfits. (different colored shoe laces, bright shirts, long hair, etc.)
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Only buy something if you can see yourself wearing it every day.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
It's okay to be the best dressed in a room.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I bought a shirt again after I lost it because I liked it so much but I do not have any duplicate clothing.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I gave my friend a pair of shoes and he enjoys them very much so it makes me feel good when I see him wearing them.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I never participated in the Nike slide shoe and high sock combo. Was not my style.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mom helped me pick clothing as a kid so I believe part of her style is now embedded in mine.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I copied the way my cousins dressed when I was younger because I looked up to them.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
My style has never dramatically changed. Has always been somewhat the same.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
I am average weight and around 6-foot.
17. Please describe your mind.
Conflicting, troubled, growing.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Nothing, and normal.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It is how we express ourselves as people. The way you dress will impact how others choose to view you and will always contribute to a first impression.