Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes I do
I notice women who have a casual comfortable yet chic look
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
The effort is admirable
Putting the effort in to look your best
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When I realized I always word the following colours and textures
Tan / neutral
Leather accessories ( leather bags , bracelet, belt
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I stick to the same colour palette which sounds boring but it’s how I look best
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Stay away from trends at my age
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
When I heard that Wearing an outfit is different than styling an outfit
How you wear clothes is your style
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Conservative in most ways
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Leather bags in tan
Totes bucket bags in tan leather
Good quality items
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
High waisted jeans
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mom is very casual also
She has an apple shape which is harder to dress but comfort is most important
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I started to dress in a way that made me feel good and not what my mom thought I should wear
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I don’t go for traditionally feminine looks
I like to look like I didn’t try so hard
16. Please describe your body.
Apple shaped but not overweight
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Up and down
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Tight t shirt
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
When you look good you feel good
Style is a reflection of you at that moment in time
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste is more important and is the foundation to style
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Black pants are my go to piece
Makes it easy to dress in a pinch
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
My hair is very loose casual undone
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
Throwing a jacket on to look more dressy
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Hair perfectly imperfect
Easy feel to my outfit
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Comfortable is not second guessing what you are wearing
Confident is dressing in a way that is true to yourself... effortless
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Less is more
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Yes I don’t make impulse purchases
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Who I’m going to see
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
Dressing up is dressing for an occasion
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
White shirt black pants neutral jacket or sweater
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Prints and bold colours are not me
Cau neutrals are my thing
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
I was a rebellious punk rocker
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I do what’s expected clothing wise
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
I love Ellen’s style
She dresses great but like a man
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
More body con clothes
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Don’t get caught without it
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Spend money on quality
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
The perfect pair of jeans
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
Not too often
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
I like tide laundry detergent
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
80. How does money fit into all this?
I like to buy things on sale
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
As a teenager
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
54 years old
How do you feel after filling out this survey?