Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
In a great looking shoe..for women that is.. what happened? all the shoes look like Frankenstein shoes or made for men what happened to a sexy feminine shoe?
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
..pulled together outfit..made for females..hate oxford shirts
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Again..women that dress like women..power suit can still be feminine and sexy.. why is the fashion industry making close Universal tired of looking at mens clothes in the women sections
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Love the suit with shorts..sexy but still business like..also deep v neck tops is sexier on women who do not have large chest..paired with Y necklace..I never had so much attention before
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I cannot bring myself to wear previously owned shoes
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Dont tuck in shirts if you have a muffin top
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Flare jeans balance your hips and actually make you appear slimmer
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Live life, be kind, dont betray yourself or your friends, dont spend 50 dollars on a t-shirt when you can get the same shirt for 20..I dont care whos name is on the label
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Off the shoulder tops..sexy and hides not so perfect arms
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes...gold crucifix necklace
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Oxford shirts and roll sleeves..again, I am a female not male
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Waist thicker as I aged
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
No I am pretty much just me and dress in what I like and feel good in
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Not dramatically..just dress differently to accomodate up and down weight fluctuations (10 lbs)
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Love the USA..and show my patriotism when appropriate
16. Please describe your body.
Small B chest..thicker waist..size 8/10...Not too bad for 54 year old
17. Please describe your mind.
I speak my mind..will never be phony
18. Please describe your emotions.
Compassionate..emotions fit the situation..hold some frustrations inside
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Blue Jeans with silver grommets ..black laces along calves..black tshirt with cut outs along upper chest..silver hoop earrings..subtle eyeshadow (browns) black eyeliner upper lid, black mascara..natural lip gloss..blond hair just past shoulders..subtle wave..off center part
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
My hair is simple..classic..pretty..hate product..just good shampoo and conditioner..Like jeans with style or embellishment..something other than plain jeans..i like sexy..not sleezy
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I dress for the occasion no matter what it is.. I like what I like
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Style..will follow some trends if I like them..but I dont need anyones anyone's approval but my own
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Calvin Klein shoes.. it's not a huge waste of money but the shoes were cute but lacked comfort
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Nothing comes to mind at the moment
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes..discernment is internal..I ask God for it
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Color coordination from Mom..
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Only put make up where you need it.. don't want to look like a clown and I don't want to look that much different without makeup
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Feel good in your own skin..be yourself.. you don't have to look like everybody else.. nor do you have to care what other people think..be you
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
Dress to compliment your personality or mood
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
Eyes..heart..they say alot about a person.. if there's Beauty in those 2 things..you can wear a potato sack and look great
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
Wish I was more fit..and no just my own judgement.. past injuries and health have restricted me from exercise
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
Color coordination..appropriate for work
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
It depends what type of job it is..
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
Fashion wise? I am a little bit Rock n Roll....not preppy
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
White..Irish..Bohemian..lower to middle class..Great childhood..great family and friends..worked hard since 16..not sure of influence
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
Hair stays same..may dress differently for work functions..but casual dress daily for work
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
Its all good..I like the casual
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
Evening gown..like feeling pretty..turn heads
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
Never..see your 1st 2 questions
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
Some good some not
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Loved to watch red carpet
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
Half shirts..bikini again
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
Just my hubby
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
Dont wear colored underwear under white clothing
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Yes..everyday..soft and clean are the best
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
Remove wrinkles and cat hair
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
Wear it most days..not so vain if I dont
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
First outfit when I met my husband..doesnt fit..sentimental
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
Great dresses for different occasions
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
Yes..simple black long sleeve dress..when I had a waist
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
Not too much..never buy pants from Target
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
Picture designs in my head all the time..lol
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Somewhat..have too much...need bigger house
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
Engagement ring..gold crucifix
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
Combat boots..now have more colors
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
Online..wherever im at
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
80. How does money fit into all this?
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
Low cut halter on vacation..no bra
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
AP /AR for City
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
Bring back womens fashion for women..quit trying to dress us like men
How do you feel after filling out this survey?