Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
After leaving the nail salon every Friday about 8pm. It's almost a 3 hour appointment because of my 'signature' long acrylic nails and toenails lol. After I leave the salon I feel the most put together and ready to go have some weekend adventures looking hot AF. Usually my hair and makeup are on point too, after a little after-work touch-up.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Oh yes. I always notice women who look put together...take care of themselves and look glam AF in whatever they're wearing. I love nails, so it's always something I notice on other women. Always checking out their heels and hairstyles too. I am always looking for new inspiration and ideas. I know this is silly but whenever I see a woman completely on point I usually sneak a peak at her chest too...only because I am self-conscious of mine and want them done. So I get a bit competitive lol.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I respect woman who stay thin, and put maximum effort into looking their best. I respect those who have spent time putting their makeup on perfectly and have look after their nails and toes. I just despise sloppiness and laziness.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
When my aunt took me at age 15 to get my first set of pink & white acrylics lol. I didn't get a French pedicure until my 16th birthday but I learned early from my aunts and Mom the importance of looking tidy and dainty.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I only ever wear open-toed shoes year around...whether heels, sandals, or slides around the house but I know most women can't do that because they need sneakers for working out or love their boots in the winter. I also wear skirts rear around (with tights, stockings in winter) and I know a lot of women can't do that.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Whoops I answered that one already above.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
With my aunt about makeup and dressing in a feminine manner. She always imparted to me that's its a lost art and that it will definitely make me stand out a little but that it's worth it.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Plan, plan, plan and plan some more. Have to-do lists for everything and keep your schedule tight and filled up.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Love my pencil skirts in similar tartan designs. Of course I have way too many pairs of heels and strappy sandals. My favorite bra in tons of different colors and in triplicate lol.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I got my friend Amber hooked on legwear for the winter to pair with her skirts. We can be twins sometimes.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I am open minded but I also don't stray too far from my signature look. If it ain't broke , don't fix it.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Well I didn't get my Mom's ample bustline, that's for sure!!! [tears] but did inherent gorgeous thin legs like she has. My bootie is not quite like my Mom's...she was blessed all over!!
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Nah they usually rip me off lol.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Always dressed with feminine energy and style since I hit puberty. I didn't wear makeup for awhile and it took me awhile to get it right but I got that down by 17 or so.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I dress fairly conservative but I do like to show off my best assets because why not??? I think it's important to put your best version of you out there to shine.
16. Please describe your body.
Ugh!! Long slender legs which are probably my greatest feature ... but my chest is lacklustre and it has kinda screwed with my self-esteem particularly because all the relationships I have had were with guys who were "boob men." Ugh!!!
17. Please describe your mind.
My mind is beautiful and sharp and focused on Jesus, beauty, and just being a decent human being. I get down on myself sometimes but I have friends and family to boost me up.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I am fairly mellow until the weekends which can be crazy just because of where I live and my social circle.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I have my typical "face" on which includes everything you would expect. I am growing my hair out ( it's to the middle of my back) and just wearing it down and boring tonight.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I love my signature look. I feel comfortable out in the world if I look exactly how I should with no flaws, (other than my chest.)
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Aunt, friends, colleagues, Mom, bloggers
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I just spend too much on shoes lol. (,And I guess nails, more so than the average woman I would think.]
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
No. I am pretty conservative overall.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Of course...in what I drive, the furnishings in my condo...and the food I cook.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
I have been known to dress a little more provocatively at a club if I don't feel centered emotionally. Men are good at distracting me from being too self-conscious and stuck in my head.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
my discernment comes from my past experiences both good and bad. Live and learn. Fake it till ya make it lol.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
I learned the basics from family and then tweaked things for my own personality.
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
LexiAnn, millennial, nail diva, Sun Belt USA