Read Surveys (By Author)
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
My eyes tend to gravitate toward fashion I would like to wear myself. This typically is on the edgier, darker side, but can also include bold and colorful looks. I love it when women wear clothing that others might think are “too dark” or “too bright”, “too revealing” or “too noticeable”. Outfits that say “IDGAF what you think, I’m wearing this for ME”. That is powerful. I try to emulate these women when dressing myself.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Treat yourself. If you will wear it and love it, you should buy it. If you KNOW you will wear it, you should buy it. If you are unsure at all, don’t.
On the other hand though, try to keep ONLY the things you love.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Go with your gut. I experience a pretty strong directional pull toward the results in the decisions I make. I consider that pull my “gut feeling”. I’ve learned to follow that feeling, and it has rarely failed me, if ever.
You can make all the lists of pros and cons in the world. You can understand the logical repercussions of choices—but at the end of the day, I think your body and brain typically know what they want. I usually listen to them.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
If I love something, I buy it in like, every color I like. I need to stop doing this— it makes it less special when I choose to wear those items!
I’m specifically thinking of cardigans and camisoles.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I dress the way I want. As a woman, I think that in itself is political, unfortunately.