Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Post work out clean up. I always feel strong and confident in myself after I kicked ass at the gym.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. I notice women who are confident or bold, ones who aren't afraid of letting themselves "go for it". I think it says a lot about a person when they own who they are by a simple look or way they carry themselves.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
I admire women who can take a risk with their fashion, make-up or hair. I also admire women who carry themselves with dignity and poise.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Yes. In my 20's a co-worker told me that no matter what I weighed I should always feel good about what I wear and that weight shouldn't hold me back from nice clothes (you know how you wear dumpy clothes until you lose the weight). That really stuck with me. My body is my home and the only one I will ever truly live in, so I try to take care of it. I think there are also many moments where I realized if I wanted to be professional I was going to have to get up everyday and dress like I was serious about my job. that meant, I couldn't just wash my hair and leave the house with wet un-styled hair. It also meant ironing my clothes and wearing nice things. I think those lessons happened many times, I just might not have been open to learning the lesson.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Buy only on sale. Don't buy the most fashionable or cutting edge piece of clothing.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
It's okay to wear comfortable clothes over professional attire some days of the work week.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
One with my co-worker about dressing well no matter your weight. She said you should always look good, no matter your size.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I love jackets. I have several, I just love how it can elevate an outfit.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
the "hammer" pants that are back or the jump suits. Rarely anyone other than models can pull it off, and they will be so very dated.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mom is practical, always a few steps behind but very 'neatly' dressed. Always pulled together, well fitted clothing that is tidy. I think her sense of practicality has been passed, but I hope I have better fashion sense.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
A few years ago I started dressing nicer and trendier because I was able to dress in 'regular' sizes. I like being able to try wearing more trendy things.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
34 years old, somewhat athletic build with a tummy. I have great legs.
17. Please describe your mind.
I am awesome, my mind is great. I have fantastic reasoning and problem solving skills. My mind is a great (albeit busy) place to be.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I think I tend to react quickly to things, but as I have gotten older I try to think before I speak and reason through why I am upset or am experiencing a certain emotion.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
I am wearing a grey dress with a coral boyfriend sweater with wedge sandals. I have my hair styled in my normal 'bob' with everyday make up (bb cream, eye liner, blush, eyeshadow and mascara, lipstick)
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It is part of who I am, it makes me feel like I am ready for the work day when I wear it.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My friends and sister.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
way more than I would like. My job determines what I should wear and how I present myself.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I do. I think they are equally important. they define what I like and what I do with or how I execute what I like.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I bought a dress in May for an event. It isn't well made and will only be worn once. Waste.
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
Wearing lycra bike shorts under my dresses and skirts. Cheaper AND more comfortable than spankx
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
Sure, my house
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
I wear my navy suit when I want to feel confident in what I am doing. Helps me remember that I am a professional.