Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I smile
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, women who are confident and seem to not care what others think
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Confidence, personal style
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Late in high school, I realized that I needed to be myself and not try to be "pretty" the way other girls did, I knew I needed to stop comparing myself with others. I think it happened because that's when I started to act more like myself personality wise
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Take risks and buy something you wouldn't normally buy
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
"screw it" basically. Dress for yourself and not for others.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Haven't necessarily had one.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
No. I kinda just take everything as it comes. They are all different and unique situations that need to be approached differently.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
T-shirts/Jeans. They are comfy and easy to put on and put together in an outfit.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Rompers, I don't think they'd look flattering
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I think my style has influenced her more than her influencing my style.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Nothing on my face, my hair is down with no product in it, in a university t-shirt and jeans
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It is important, I wish I had more confidence to pull off other clothing items and therefore possibly elevate my self-esteem
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I have no style. I have taste to help others with their style. Neither is more important.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
$50 on a leather jacket I never wore
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
yes, yes, no
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
lingerie, tinted moisturizer, good perfume
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
not caring what others think
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
04/07/1992, palmdale ca, Santa barbara ca
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?