Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
Whenever my eyebrows are filled in! With strong brows, I can concur the world.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Women who have their own style, who don't necessarily follow rules or trends
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Individuality and a sense of harmony in their style.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Definitely, finding my voice in fashion was huge but I think it'c almost cyclical and ever-changing, you really can't pin-point that aha moment because it's always happening.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
I refuse to buy knock-offs. I need the real thing. It's an expensive rule to follow.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
You can never wear too much black and a flannel or over-sized sweater always goes.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
Discussing one's personal evolution of style - how we can have phases. For example, I've had both a goth and a preppy phase.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Assume everyone has the best intentions.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
basic v-neck tees - you can just never have too many.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
I gave my best friend a statement necklace that she can wear forever.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Wedges - they're so clunky and ugly!
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother never had a style - I have no idea where I got it from.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Growing up, I was often influenced by what my sister bought. Hunter boots, Longchamp bags, j.crew - if she bought it I usually copied.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I got out of high-school and decided to stop fitting in. My style was really never preppy but I forced it on myself because that's what everyone else did.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I have one shirt with simplified hand-drawn breasts. My small ode to free the nipple.
16. Please describe your body.
Petite. I'm 5'2" and thin/athletic.
17. Please describe your mind.
At peace and in acceptance with myself.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Not over-the top or monotonous, I have a natural calm about me.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Sorority sweatshirt over a v-neck tee. I just changed into baggy shorts for comfort. Eyebrows are filled in and I have mascara and eyeliner on. Hair is air dried.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It's the full presentation of me.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
Everyone, clothes are an obsession and I'll bring them up if the opportunity strikes.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
I'm in college so at the moment no, this is the time when I am allowed the most freedom.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
In middle school, I would spend all my money on Coach bags, I think I bought six. I have one now that I still use.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
I have always known what I liked. I'm the person who always makes decisions because no one else wants to.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
My dad inadvertently taught me to hand-wash clothes I care about because he always shrunk mine.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
The only thing I add to my normal routine is some eyeshadow. Sexiness is objective.
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Confidence is comfortableness. Those who are comfortable in their own skin portray that confidence and have an effortless ease about them.
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
A meaningful smile. Not one of those forced ones but the ones that come from within - true happiness.
34. What do you consider very ugly?
Entitled-ness, jealousy, self-doubt.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
Terrible, I waste so much money
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
Weather is a big factor because I hate sweating.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
3/6/94, born in Boston, living in Newark DE.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
White, upper middle class family, lived comfortably.
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I am a Fashion Merchandising major
How do you feel after filling out this survey?