Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
after getting dressed to either a wedding or to work
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
i tend to notice the opposite - women who neglect themselves. i always say "an hour with me and 100$ and they'll look so good..."
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
i like a woman that dresses in a feminine way, but not too feminine (with a hint of masculine) and not too revealing - this is the sexiest way in my eyes, plus she looks effortless (which of course is a total lie)
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
there wasn't a moment. ever since i can remember myself i loved looking at my mom getting dressed for work (she's a bank manger and always looked like a successful business woman - sharp, smart and pretty)
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
i like timeless things and not trendy... i am very conservative about my fashion - i have my style (which is inspired by "parisian women") but it's not great for everyone since it's very colourless and could be considered boring.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
i don't think comfortable is necessary... it's a nice "perk" but i prefer looking flawless and being a little uncomfortable than being comfortable and looking a little less than perfect.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
do what my gut tells me, follow my instincts. it's usually right.. i have animalistic instincts.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Chanel flats, Repetto flats, T-shirts and tanks from the same model and company in different colours, jeans from the same model and company.
When you find a good think - stick with it. it's usually what suits you best - there is a reason you want to wear something over and over... so why not have it in different colours?
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
yes - my mom. she loves the jewellery and accessories i buy her.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
a lot of them:
shorts for the office
denim on denim
certain prints - like camouflage and tribal..
and so on...
I'm conservative, prefer timeless pieces and style. plus I don't like to look like a fashion victim - when seeing people wear these trend i sometimes wonder if they really think it's pretty or do they wear it just because someone said it's the hottest trend out there. usually if it lasts only one season, i believe people didn't really think it was pretty and if that's the case - well, why wear something you don't really like???
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
my mom was always a large(er than life) woman.
until my 18th birthday I was too. but almost 8 years since I'm skinny.
however - she definitely passed her style down to me because she always found a way to look just like skinny women when it comes to the trends and styles. she never said "well i'm big so i'll only wear black or oversized clothes" but rather she wears suits and high heels and dresses with jackets and looks amazing. she is the reason i believe that every woman can look like a million $ whatever size she is.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
maybe from my mom a little bit, but she's more "liberal and creative" about clothes than me. i'm conservative.
friends - not really. i feel like my style is better...
16. Please describe your body.
short (5 foot 2), skinny (116 pounds) carry most of my weight in the but and thigh area, small waist and small bust.
17. Please describe your mind.
opinionated, go getter, free-thinker, not following the herd but rather challenging it and constantly questioning everything.
18. Please describe your emotions.
usually not the emotional one... i have a hard shell but inside i have a lot of self-criticism and compassion for others.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
just came back from dinner sitting in bed after kicking off my Bruno Magli heels (purple velvet with pointy toe and bow)
Zara sleeveless dress with a cream background to a banana, deep purple and navy blue geometric print.
my hear was down but i put it in a braid for bed.
jewlery - the minimum - studs and engagement and wedding rings plus my red Kabala string that's always on me.
face - the usual MAC foundation, concealer and bronzer + mascara.
oh and "really red" nails from Essie.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
very important! I feel better when I feel like I look better.
I feel shitty when I dress shitty, when my nails look bad or when my dark circles come out.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
friends, mom, mother in law
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
it affect in a certain way - apart from a dress code at work (no tank tops no flip flops and so on) i like to look like the best dressed person but not like i over thought about it and put too much effort. so even if i want to wear something for university, i wouldn't if it's not something people usually wear there.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I do. deffinitly.
I think taste is more important - it's not acquired. (you know what they say - money can't buy taste).
style is acquired.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
595 euros on Chanel Flats.
oh and 5000 $ on my wedding dress....
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
always wear pant that cover your muffin-tops.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
yes- home design, my car, taste in hotels... even music.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
yes, I always know what I want no matter what area in life. It's in my DNA (probably my red hair)
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
not actual lessons but i did learn from then how to dress appropriately for events (in my country people can wear jeans for weddings! not in my family..)
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
clothing - usually a high heel of a black bralette under a semi-sheer white shirt
hair - wavy and down
makeup - cat-eye
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
they don't necessarily mean comfortable clothes but rather to feel good with how i look
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
buy something that you can imagine yourself in in 3 years from now too - something you know you'll always look good in, never buy something just because it's trendy if in your heart you don't like it, and if you tend to exaggerate with your style, always stop when you wan't to add just one or too things. (COCO CHANEL's advice)
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
a black blazer, skinny jeans and pointy high heels
34. What do you consider very ugly?
women who wear those oversized t-shirts over mom jeans (fruit of the loom type), women who wear the same colour on everything, and long circular nails.
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
if you know, you know
if you're not sure - the test it: the "i miss you" test - if you don't buy and think about that item for a few days and wish you would have - go and get it, you'll wear it.
plus - if you buy something and want to already wear it, or can't wait for the event you wanted to wear it to to come - you'll wear it.
and the final test - you'll love how you look in the item best in the store. afterwards it'll deteriorate so if when you wear it at home for the first time and you're not sure and you change, you'll probably won't wear it.
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
the outer eye is usually the person i like how they dress and admire it. it's someone i care what they think. and i combine it with the person least dresses to know what's too much - i want to wear one or too levels above the least dressed person and never above the one i admire.
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
depending where i go... usually skinny jeans is my go-to. the only thing is what top? t-shirt? tank? a dressier top?
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
that people think i look fantastic
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
the shoes! same outfit with heels is dressing up.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
skinny jeans (dark and a bit distressed), gray tshirt, black blazer, and my black pointy toe jimmy choos
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
me - simple and well cut/tailored
not me - too colourful, too boho
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
blazer/jacket - always looks more professional even with jeans
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
never. we have more options!
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
either Paris/france today
or the fifties.
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
depends.. sometimes i don't like it sometimes i do.
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
Emanuelle Alt - Vogue france editor
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
I want the women to want why i wear and the men to want to tear what i wear.
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
dress age appropriately - never wear something that you liked when you were 20 when you're in your 50's. chances are - it doesn't look good.
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
love it! all the time! have a few signature scents.
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
always wear a little make-up when going out - but not for the supermarket or anything like that.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
good basics like Jbrand jeans in a few models
a lot of shirts, sweaters, tops, tanks and dressy tanks from places like Zara and Mango, J.crew.
GOOOOD shoes - chanel, jimmy choo, YLS, Prada,
cute bags - usually not high branded but rather second hand finds and cool stuff i found
jeweliry - lots of statement necklaces.
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
jewlery - my engagement ring and my Hermes cuff.
clothing - probably my black Zara jacket and my Tara Jarmon oversized gray coat, oh and my chanel flats.
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
a fancy beaded jacket from the fifties in cream - all beaded with pearls and cream sequins. it's too much bit it's so beautiful and my grandma's sister gave it to me.
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
the most expensive shoes are always a good buy - they're more comfortable, last forever and always upgrade an outfit.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
that's impossible. probably one of my chanel shoes
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
my chanel flats.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
my hermes bracelet from my husband - we saw it in paris and i didn't buy it, and he went without me one day and got it for me and only gave it to me on my birthday 20 days later.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
whenever i feel like it, usually a lot on trips, and never ever for a specific event or thing...
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
yes! Coco Chanel Madmoiselle
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
always dress for success. when you look like a failure you are one.
80. How does money fit into all this?
very well thank you. no just kidding. i spend a lot but not too much or more than i can afford.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
my victoria secret lacey thongs - have them in 30 different colours. it's the only panty i wear.
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
ever since i was a kid.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
november 29th 1988
born and raised in Tel Aviv, Israel
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
higher than average economic background. parents and grandparent from west and eastern europe (romania, germany and the UK), jewish.
What kind of work do you do?
law student and work in a law firm part time
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
married no kids.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
traveled a lot ever since i'm 2 years old. been to new york about 18 times, paris about 10 times and been to 23 other countries so i've seen the world...
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
great! love the questions!