Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm freshly showered and getting dressed. I like smelling good, having soft/clean skin, and putting my outfit together.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Sure, I notice women that are well put together in a natural way. I don't admire women with fake boobs, lots of make up, or high heels. I admire women who are naturally beautiful and confident.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
2) Natural beauty
3) Well put together outfits (things that match or go together really well)
4) Nice accessories
5) Accentuating a nice feature such as legs, lips, hair, neckline, etc.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Probably in my late 30s. I had a sales position at work and really had to make a good impression: I used to get my hair done every week, buy new dresses and shoes as needed and invest in nice pocket books too. The need to APPEAR well put together actually caused me to BE well put together. Thankfully it happened at a time when I could actually afford it.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
1) Buy what you can afford
2) Spend a little more on a quality BLACK dress or pair of shoes - you will wear them forever
3) Invest in jewelry that you love. For example I love heart shaped anything and I treat myself whenever I can to some beautiful pieces.
4) Find a store that fits you well (i.e. I buy most of my dresses at Banana Republic).
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
1) Wear stuff that flatters you or a part of your body you like
2) Wear colors that suit you
3) Don't necessarily wear trendy styles or colors/prints if they don't look good on you.
4) Don't wear stuff that's too tight
5) Don't wear stuff that's too big
6) Don't leave the house in something if you don't feel fabulous. It will bring you down all day!
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
None that I can think of.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
I'm conservative. I plan everything out. I have a very classic style. I'm practical. This applies to life, work, finances, etc.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I have a bunch of shift dresses. They are comfortable, classic, practical, and easy to make work with sweaters, jackets, flats, heels, etc.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes I gave my niece a sideways cross necklace she loves. Every time I see her in it, I think "Damn, I'm good".
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I don't do crocs. I don't do lace. I don't do ballet slippers. For varying reasons but when I don't like something I just avoid it no matter how stylish it is.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother wore sweats and sneakers most of her life. I don't think I ever saw her in a dress. So I would say I don't have her style. Except that she was a natural beauty. Never wore make up or did anything special but always looked beautiful.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I was a madonna/punk/80s chick (back in the 80s) but I gave that up pretty quickly and pretty much have gone the conservative route since.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
My body looks like the body of a dancer/gymnast (so I've been told). I'm petite and pretty straight up and down (no curves). I have nice legs/shoulders and a great back. Also great skin!
17. Please describe your mind.
I'm clearheaded, adventurous, and fun. I am practical and take calculated risks. I love to plan everything and enjoy doing new things.
18. Please describe your emotions.
I'm happy, joyful, and positive. I am hopeful that things will always turn out well.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Jeans, cotton top from the gap. My glasses, some cool coconut shell earrings. I have on a watch. My hair is thrown up in a loose pony tail.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It communicates who you are to the world. If you look classy then people say "There goes a classy woman". If you look sloppy then they will think that you are.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
June 9, 1970
Currently on mission in Cochabamba, Bolivia
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I'm Puerto Rican. College educated. Worked in Corporate America for over 20 years before going on mission.
What kind of work do you do?
I'm a Franciscan Lay Missioner. Will be serving in Cochabamba, Bolivia through the end of 2015.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Single, no kids.
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I worked in Corporate America for 20 years. Most recently as a Sales Person.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?