Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
It happens when I have successfully brought together a complete look without much thought--when I look both feminine and strong. That's when I find myself pleased with my reflection in a passing window.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
A unique look catches my eye but it's confidence that strikes me most often. And I admire a woman who walks confidently in heels. Long strides.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
Got laser eye surgery so I wasn't behind glass anymore. Started wearing mascara just on the outer edge lashes. The effect is amazing. I never had that "can't leave the house without XXXX" feeling before. Now it's all about that little hit of mascara.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Never wear burgundies--makes me look jaundiced. Ok to drink them though.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Scarves. I love them. They are my constant. I have a great collection already but am always on the lookout for more. All colours, sizes and material. There’s amazing ones to be found at vintage shoppes. They make me feel complete.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Low rise jeans. Ridiculous. Zippers need to be more than 1cm long.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I’m tempted every day at my office but I can’t pull off what my younger female colleagues can.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Jeans, T-shirt with blazer, necklace and hair is back in a loose bun. Bare feet.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
I am a Toronto girl--born here, raised here in a predominantly white, middle class neighbourhood then moved downtown as soon as I could.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Common-law with two kids.