Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I'm in an outfit I feel confident in, and I'm out eating with friends.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes. Women with a unique sense of style that look different and you can glean a part of their personality.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Looking put together and modern. Melding classics and trends. I admire women that wear interesting shoes.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I think it 'clicked' for me around age 24 when I realized I was capable of certain make-up skills and that it made me feel confident in my knowledge and execution of said skills. It's still an ongoing learning experience at age 26.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Never pay full price.
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Wear heels, in any shape or form, but wear heels.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
To not buy clothes with the idea of 'I will wear this when I lose 5 pounds'. Dress for the weight you are, and embrace that by buying clothes that flatter your shape.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
When I think of something I need to do, I try to do it in that moment.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Tank tops. Because they're inexpensive and because I'm always spilling something on them/doubling them as pajamas.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes. They continue to wear it and it makes me happy that I have contributed to something that they choose to wear daily.
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Many. Uggs, Birkenstock sandals. These shoes are not professional and to me evoke very little sense of power.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother's body is nothing like mine. Her style is very plain, perhaps that is why I embrace style that is different and showcases aspects of my personality.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes, many people influence me.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
When I was 23 I realized dresses work better for my body. Now I wear dresses about 28 days out of the month. Dresses simply fit better than any pair of pants I've found.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
I don't think so. But probably.
16. Please describe your body.
I have an hourglass shape, with a little bit more sand in my hips.
17. Please describe your mind.
18. Please describe your emotions.
Often times conflicting with each other.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Neosporin on acne on my face, hair is down and combed straight, black tank top and leggings. No bra because it's bed time.
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
It's important to self-esteem and self-expression. Realistically it's not important what we're wearing, but how it effects us and impacts the way we feel.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My sister and best friend.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
Dress codes, and expectations of how other people there are dressed.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have taste. I think style is more important though. Taste to me is being able to look good, style means looking good AND looking original.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
I've bought numerous items of clothing that I have not worn. I try not to let that happen anymore though.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
October 7th, 1987. Born in Sellersville, PA. Living in Philadelphia, PA.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Administrative Assistant in a non-profit art museum.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I like to have fun, but over-think everything.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?