Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I am at the lightest of my lightest.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice people with serious flare. The ones that stick out. These are women that wear bright colors.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I came into my own.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Don't shop on pay day!
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Be funky & different. Wear bright colors.
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
my lingerie line and promoting being comfortable with ones body.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
worry is trouble paid on interest before it is due.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
sunglasses and shoes. I usually by two of things i love. This is because when i wear it down I have a brand new pair ready to go!
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
My mother always dressed really well. She knows how to carry herself and passed it down to me. What she did not pass down is being conservative. That concept does not exist in my repertoire.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
leg warmers from my girlfriend. Its all about how you pull it off.
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Going to college, than starting a lingerie line a few years later. Eh, just became more comfortable with my body
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
What a woman should be like.
17. Please describe your mind.
Very busy- always manifesting great things into my life.
18. Please describe your emotions.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Hair- That Messy look
Make- up : lashes, powder
Shoes- real tree camo flats, black slacks, red blouse, red zebra print scarf
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I have my own style that I am happy with. I don't pay attention to it unless someone compliments because I am to wrapped up on multi-tasking...working on business & being in a happy relationship.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
people in general about my lingerie line
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
they don't, I affect them.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste & Style. I think they both go together.
In general, attributes that someone has whether it be good or bad.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
crappy cheap lingerie
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
yeah, my renderings, my oyster league club im starting, my decorating skills, my art work, my magazine
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
yeah, when I feel bad I do like to dress up ....more over the top. but it is rare, but yes, it does help.
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
Yes, it comes with life experience. I feel like I am an old soul though.
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Yeah, my mom did, it still doesn't stop me from mixing my colors when I do my laundry, never had a problem!
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
fake eyelashes! I don't really have any because I am ameri-asian so when I put them on its like Va va voom!
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
Being able to stand in one's skin without worries of what people think. "I do what I want"
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
34. What do you consider very ugly?
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
probably not something they would think they could pull off
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
me being happy.
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
eh, you can dress anything up with pair of nice high heels.
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
bright colors is me.
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
Mothership approved clothing. Now I do me.
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
I wear what I want.
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
happy living in the present
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
sometimes I like, sometimes I don't like
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
well, I have already modeled for my lingerie line, there is little that I am not comfortable with.
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
wear things that fit your body and you feel comfortable in
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
Hot Stuff! Coriander from In God we Trust. don't tell!
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
Nope. I do what I want.
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
over 200 pairs of high heels, lingerie, lots of shorts, jeans, cocktail dresses, shiny things. Big babble stones,
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
some items my mother has bought for me. sometimes they are cool to wear, sometimes eh
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
I had a beautiful ball gown. I gave to someone who couldn't afford a dress for a wedding. I miss it but Im happy it found a home.
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
my high heels
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
always buy clothes that fit
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
yeah, the idea that buying quality has much more value to me.
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
very neat, color coded.
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
socks. terrible looking socks from my boyfriend, but it was cute nonetheless, just really tacky with cats on them.
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
every other week
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
a lot. it's all about branding and how people perceive you to be
80. How does money fit into all this?
it's life - paper.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
yes, my rings
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
08-18-1983 , greenpoint, brooklyn ny. Adopted in the Philippines
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
being adopted is A for Awesome
What kind of work do you do?
My lingerie line is almost complete, I started an online magazine in april , I sell bulk motor oil and do branding during the day, I am doing some art direction for a miami art basel collective, I am starting an oyster league, I have an art show once a year. I want to start a liquor line with my magazine partner.
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
I have an amazing man in my life
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
It was long.