Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When I have had enough sleep!
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice people more than admire them. I can't believe the way that some women go out in public, For me it is not about what others think of me, it is about what I feel about me.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Attention to detail and putting on a smile no matter the circumstances
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I realized fairly early that I am not trendy. I am a classic dresser and always fall flat on my face when I venture over to the wild side. I realized the strength of classics from a cost and fashion point of view and have made it my motto.
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Keep it simple. Buy good strong classics and then one or two pieces of disposable on trend items. Black and White rule!
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
I don't over accessorize- let your face speak for itself. Stand in front of the mirror and take one thing of.
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Pretty head on. I wear my heart on my sleeve and can't stand BS. I try to be kind as kindness begets kindness. My license plate is OPNION8D. Kinda says it all.
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
White and black t-shirts and black shoes. Black pants of all description.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes because it didn';t suit my body type.
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
I have my fathers genes- but my mother's lovely looks.
Sh is a very simple graceful lady and she taught me to sew my own clothes. She always looks lovely and I think she taught me to always do and look your best but appearance isn't everything.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Not really, just the normal transitions from university to career, career to motherhood. I feel and look better now at 58 than I ever have. Okay maybe 5 lbs could come off.........
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
Oval face, wide shoulders. minimal waist no hips and terrific legs.
17. Please describe your mind.
Open, creative , funny, compassionate and a bit stubborn
18. Please describe your emotions.
Fairly calm but enthusiastic about life family and friends. I don't explode often but when I do I explode it is over, I don't hold a grudge.
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Light foundation terrific mascara- I am told I have beautiful eyes. Great red lipstick,
My hair is a classic angled bob with bangs and natural chestnut. No dye yet!!!
Print blouse with black long cardigan from MEXX and black pants for Jones of NY open toed patent shoes, minimal jewellry.
I had a Rotary meeting this morning and I am the President so fairly classic.. I think I look nice
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
Interesting to see others take on dressing.
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
My one girlfriend and my husband when I am shopping for him with him. a couple of the girls in the office in a blue moon.
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
I think I have both at least that is what I am told.
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
Probably too many.
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
I am an artist and dabble in home decor.
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
Yes, my Mom taught me to sew and lots about design.
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
Red lipstick all the time.
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
December 6th 1956, Born iin Toronto and live in Burlington about 45 min west of Toronto.
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
Britsh/Irish roots, 1st generation Canadian
What kind of work do you do?
Part time artist and full time Office manager for a small software company
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married 34 years and have a 27 year old married son.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I like myself!