Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
when I wear a new outfit and my hair is just right and I have energy to go out and strut it
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
I notice the young girls trying to wear the fashion shoes and boots that make them wobble and remember when I cracked my ankles so many times with the heels that were all the rage when I was that age
I admire the young women who wear cloths that are from an out of date fashion and slightly mismatched yet feels looks free to do what she has come out to do and looks great to boot because she is wearing them not the clothes wearing her
I respect young women who cover up when they clearly have something under their clothes they could flaunt
I say young because kicking fashion trends or not trying to learn SEXY through lack of cloths, doesn't come easy for a young woman and contrarily if an older woman is wearing the latest trends or showing excess mounds of flesh or racks of bones, I won't take her seriously and I find it sad that she hasn't gotten it after all years
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
as above and a woman whose message, essence or personality exudes more than the clothes, hair style, or makeup they are wearing
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
I was 5'9 blond with a serious cocacola bottle body when I was younger with a very small waste
I wore 50s dresses I sewed, in bright orange and pink and rode my bike about town
massive cleavage was an unintentional side effect of the pattern I using and didn't know how to alter
growing up in the country I was very body unaware and didn't realize all the new attention was because of what I was wearing and I brought a lot of predatory older men my way
I complained to a friend one day that all the trolls seem to come my way, when she said I was just flagging them down with my outfits and boobs saying come chase me and maybe I wear more black as she did
I was 20 new to town and too excited about life,didn't listen and ended up in a very abusive relationship with a jealous, possessive 27 year old man who slashed all my cloths and shoes and almost me
deflated, I went back to the same friend for console, she may as well have said I told you so
I realized that day that women could also be jealous and that predators are like moths to a flame, I had better dim my light to be safe;
that started with how I dressed,
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
hmmmmmm thats a hard one
what am i hypocritical about
not so much shopping but dressing at home
I tell women they shouldn't schlep around in old nighties an same old comfy clothes with unwashed hair or ponytails on a regular basis in front of your boyfriend or husband.
men think differently and will be attracted to, or worse tempted by, the women who are put together every day at work
of course this is what I do but I just can't manage to get into being interested in cloths since I've gained excess weight, everything looks and feels as terrible as I do now
6. What are some rules about dressing you follow, but you wouldn't necessarily recommend to others?
Rule one have coffee breakfast and read mail then go get washed and dressed if its not a work day
Well I will stay that way for days if I am not mindfull
7. What is the most transformative conversation you have ever had on the subject of fashion or style?
its the slow transformation that kills your spirit
me and my fat friends complain about the ugly expensive fashions they give us
why do the nice styles stop at size 16
guess we should just stop our lives when we get over size 16
8. Do you have a unified way of approaching your life, work, relationships, finances, chores, etc.? Please explain.
Newtons first Law of Physics..and object at rest will stay so unless a force acts on it, same as in motion
procrastination then mad adrenaline rush till I drop to get it done then procrastination again
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
I'm attracted to bags and pouches to put in bags
I'm attracted to patterns and fabrics and the utilitarian uses
I rarely use them but they are visually pleasing to me and I never have to worry about them not fitting
sometimes there is nothing else I can buy in a store because I am a size 22 or 24 and I want to participate in the act of shopping
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Yes an Indian dress of beautiful fabric and embroidery that never fit me but I only bought for the fabric
I loaned it to a friend who never gives anything back and will often throw out what I loan her
she wore it to my brothers wedding and she looked so beautiful and it was make for her so and every time I see the pictures I am pleased and it helps me get over the fact she never gave it back and probably tossed it
it helps me when I am hesitating to let things go in my closet that do not fit
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
I hate death fashions and makeup, (excessive Goth and vampire trends) these kids are asking for evil to access their souls
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
she is a stylish european woman who buys quality and keeps it for years she thinks ethnic wears should only be worn by that culture "they wear it best"
I love ethnic cloths and fabrics and would wear it all if it fit or looked good on me, it doesnt lol
I have evolved a style like heres, we both like animal prints for some reason, in or out of fashion
I always wondered why she didn't wear the jewelry I gave her or embellish herself more with it till I now do the same or rather omit the same, it's a bother to accessorize now and I don't know why
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
I think everything has been taken from something or someone else
I am particularly drawn to one huge ring on the middle fingers I used to notice on very old european friends of moms when I was a child
I used to cut out jewelry in catalogues as a child and never saw such big bold rings anywhere else
Now that I am the same age as the women who wore them then, over 50, I try to wear my own big rings but it looks ridiculous on my short fat nail bit fingers
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
I would call the style frumpy and dumpy now but then it was all that was available in my size
Also it had to be comfortable enough to wear on a night shift sitting in a chair for hours on end
the longer I worked night shift the fatter I got the baggier my clothes got
I slept all day so didn't have to worry about going out during the day to look for office cloths
working days now my style has tightened up as have the fashions, but now I am the one that feels frumpy and dumpy no matter what I wear cause I never lost the weight and discovered a thyroid problem so probably never will
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
16. Please describe your body.
rotund and uncomfortable and tired
17. Please describe your mind.
intellectual curmudgeon who knows too much for my own good
18. Please describe your emotions.
comedicly volatile and empathetic
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
favorite warm nighty under a blanket on sofa with yet unwashed body, hair and face
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
all things can bring you into yourself if someone asks you, even if its about what's on your outside
what are you worth if you stick only to the outside, where everything today conspires to keep you, who are if you were blind to what you or others wear
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
you, anyone who dares enter that topic with me, family knows better now
but mostly female workmates who insist on saying "wow you lost weight" when all I've done is worn something tighter and actually gained "weight"
I answer saying no I was never as fat as you thought, then they take offence and I say why can't women just say, you look great, nice, happy, energetic, etc or I like, that color on you, that pattern is interesting, those shoes attract my eye, your jewelry is unusual etc.
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
they are ridiculous now, with no dress codes any more
ours has a code, safety based, but no one adheres to it because there are no ramifications so people rip their toes on the steel doors or slip on stairs just to show off the new pedicures
( shaking my head)
When I go to an office or restaurant I also don't want to look down old ugly wrinkly pierced and tattooed tits and ass when they bend over and I worry for the young women doing the same
It just reminds me of what stupid sheep we all are
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
taste and style are class identifiers at best and antagonistic diversifiers at worst
words and uniforms that are used by the ruling class to identify their herds and how much their beasts of burden will raise them at the auctions of shopping
24. Do you remember the biggest waste of money you ever made on an item of clothing?
a winter coat I needed the next day for a new job, It was plus size reversible fluffy black bear one side tiger on the other, made me look bigger and the sleeves were too short cause it was petite after I read the label
25. Are there any dressing tricks you’ve invented or learned that make you feel like you’re getting away with something?
I dress in a more traditional form fitting tailored clothes even if they are out of date instead of looser or trendy body hugging stuff that you think will make you look more fashionable
It won't it will make you look thicker and stupid for trying to dress like the twigs
26. Do you have style in any areas of your life aside from fashion?
being a bag lady living on the street in a cardboard box has become a style, just ask the Olsen twins
so of course but who cares, why do we care, why do you think it should matter to your readers
so much energy for some rags we wear and chatchkas we rearrange in our own cardboard or cement or wooden shanties towns
we keep shopping and talking about it more while our young and vulnerable boys and girls go to lands we are afraid of and bomb their children who look, dress and live in different shacks than we do, for ideology that's as fakely inseminated in our minds as the ideology of what we wear has been
27. Can you recall some times when you have dressed a particular way to calm yourself or gain a sense of control over a situation that scared you?
rape has scared me
so yes i cover up now and try not to make a make my ample bosom a spectacle of desire
thank goodness i am old now and streets eyes are not wandering to the younger vulnerable flesh
28. Would you say you “know what you like” in the area of fashion and clothing? If so, do you also know what you like in other areas of life, that is, are you generally good at discernment? Can you say where your discernment comes from, if you have it? Or if you don’t have it, why or why not?
yes certain styles colors patterns attract me or repulse me and my eye is flexible depending on who is wearing it or what structure it is in
yes I know exactly what will look good and what will flatter my shape not emphasize the roles, but they are hard to find in my size
yes I am more decisive about life choices and decisions
my discernment comes from life's tragedies, mine and others
I have instincts that are honed and sharp and pin point accurate but I don't always want to go with what I feel so do the opposite and it only reinforces my instincts
when i've buffed my protective instincts too much i become indecisive and begin to forget or begin to loss the instinct or rather my instincts change to something malicious and catabolistic
29. Did your parents teach you things about clothing, care for your clothing, dressing or style? What lessons do you remember? Or did you just pick things up?
my mother still irons and starches underwear and rags alike
I hate to iron anything so linen is something I love the look of but avoid because of ironing and i won't dry clean either because of cost and chemicals
my mom still hangs cloths up to dry and towels are stiff and I now love that too because I can exfoliate as I dry and the smell is incredible, of course I use the dryer, I'm too lazy to hang
my mom folds and cares for cloths as she does all other things with care and longevity in mind
I fold and sort and love to organize according to colors and sleeve length, summer, winter
I need a bigger closet, I hate to toss cloths
my mother is ruthless she gets rid of anything she doesn't wear or is taking up space, after all that care....I can't, I miss it when its gone
when I loose weight I want it back to wear and admire again....that's OCD I'm told
30. What sorts of things do you do, clothing or make-up or hair- wise, to feel sexy or alluring?
hmmmm after I lose weight lol
When my hair is full and flowing and curls just so when i go out and when my brain is working optimally in a conversation I feel sexy if I'm talking to a male I admire
but mostly I look in the mirror when I first wake up and smile at myself when I let my hair out of an elastic and think I am very cute and pretty and even sexy cause I feel I look good and I haven't washed my face or put on my shine to face, hair or body yet so
then i look in a full length mirror trying to dress up and start to feel crappy again when nothing fits properly or the way I would like
31. Many people say they want to feel “comfortable,” or that they admire people who seem “confident.” What do these words really mean to you?
comfort is when you don't have to think about what you are wearing because it is digging in or falling of somewhere and needing constant adjustment to look the way you looked in the mirror at home before you started to sit walk or move
nor worry if it is see through in the sun
confident is when, what you are wearing is not distracting you from the task or message of you
at best it can add to your message in the world as a uniform adds authority to a police officer or a lab coat to a doctor
32. If dressing were the only thing you did, and you were considered an expert and asked to explain your style philosophy, what would you say?
assuming I could find the cloths that are made for my body type and I could always have the clothes and fabric i liked, I would say
my clothing emphasizes my mindset and you should study it carefully if you want to read my mind
33. What is really beautiful, for you, in general?
colors, textiles with texture, hand embellishments embroidery, sparkles, many things are beautiful to my eye even artistic avant garde things on the run way.
true beauty is in the application and intention
where things of fashion and nature are used to enhance and uplift the human element they are beautiful to me
where they are on mass designed to derail the human potential for profits and sexual usery they are ugly and enslaving
34. What do you consider very ugly?
so if you have a gorgeous to the eye outfit from a "house or designer" and its made in a traditional sweat shop over seas it is then ugly to me and even more so when I see the amount of profit these companies make and could manufacture here or pay more overseas
but then i would have to pay more for the garment and my way of life as a whole if it translated to everything
I wouldn't like that I would still want my cheap goods so I don't have to work as hard myself.... and this is the ugly in me which I live not to become
35. Are you generally a good judge of whether what you buy will end up being worn? Have you figured out how to know in advance?
yes I know how much use i will get out of an item cloths or other wise but I like to suspend my beliefs when I am truly attracted to something
I just have to say I like it for itself even if I never wear it, usually the color texture and fabric attracts me
to cut down on this I would tell someone and remind myself space and finances are limited and there will always be more and do not shop for WHEN...when I loose weight, when I go on vacation, when I have a date, when I want to entertain that date, when I need a gift for so and so, when I need costume for a party, when I visit the queen lol etc
36. When you look at yourself before going out, and you are trying to see yourself from the outside, can you describe a bit about what this “other person” is like? What do they like, dislike, what sorts of judgments do they have? Is this “outer eye” based on someone you know or once knew?
I have a proportional eye.
I'm either dressed in proportion or not, then its a matter of how to make it more proportional
thoughts goes like this,
hair is either good or bad meaning it makes my small head look more proportional
top is at the right line mid hip or too high or low and makes legs look too short
top is either too low or too tight or just right
pant are too tight or too loose
dresses are a nightmare I rarely have time to waste on that now unless a wedding then its a nightmare all round
generally I say ok you look ok or I say you look uncomfortable or your gonna be uncomfortable in that, I talk back and say its only for a few hours and I go, if its all day I rip it off and try again or go back to stand bys and say see should have done that from the start now you got a mess to hang up later, then I say damn I need more clothes, thats where I am now
I sometimes say how did I let myself get this big again what is wrong with you
If I catch a nude it's always disbelief of how fat I've gotten
sure my mom makes fat judgment of herself and others, in a nice way, if that's possible, and my dad still tells me I'm too fat, in a just to let you know way. lol
37. What is your process getting dressed in the morning? What are you considering?
assuming i get dressed in the morning, could be not till afternoon or night
am i going to work, staying in to do nothing, staying in to organize or move things in the house or cooking and baking today
or am I going out for an appointment or am I going to meet a friend or to family, will I be driving or flying any distance
am I meeting someone new, an interview or am I on a date etc
It starts with trying to figure out the weather for the day outside and where i will be, heat, air conditioning etc
how long will I be dressed determines which bra I wear, how tight my cloths will be around my waist and what shoes I wear for comfort
then I scan the closet and pull and try a few things if I am going out and don't just want to wear jeans and top from the pile
I think I should try to wear something unworn but usually its all to small now so I go to old cloths I've kept from before and it feels frumpy cause its older and I feel dated or old, then I go for the the same old stand bys in the pile unless its an important interview or date I will allow myself to be uncomfortable in something a bit ill fitted because its too small, as long as its newer
38. What are you trying to achieve when you dress?
depends on above circumstances
but mostly I want my privates well covered, my skin kept cool or warm, my organs, muscles and feet to feel no pain and my eye to be at peace when I look in the mirror before I leave the house
nothing worse than going with my boobs falling out, feeling too hot or cold, being in pain all day and thinking your outfit looks like crap on you to boot
39. What, for you, is the difference between dressing and dressing up?
cloths for activities of daily living vs cloths to emphasize a mood of extraordinary living
40. If you had to wear a “uniform” what would it look like?
hmmmmmm I have and hated it and took great measures to change it and sew my own and nearly get fired white nurses uniforms back in the day before scrubs were allowed
so depends on the job
if I were a cop I wouldn't wear an indian sari type thing
my nurses uniform would be soft flowing chiffon, layer so as not to be see through, but loose and cool matching sweater and tights if needed, very colorful layers long, lots of pockets of course
something cheerful and uplifting, not black or grey or drab I want my patients to feel that life has come to care for them today.
41. What would you say is “you” and what would you say is “not you”?
I am not a follower and I am not a trend setter
but I am discerning and always in deliberation and debate of what my senses deliver me
42. What is your cultural background and how has that influenced how you dress?
I was born in Austria and raised in Canada since age 5
so I have a very Austrian parents who live in the days of quality vs quantity I indulge in both and to the depth of my income of the day, not much right now
I have opposite tastes because of budgetary constraints and interests in other cultures
I thrift shopped when there were no such things, only good will and salvation army, the pickings were better then
43. Do you remember a time in your life when you dressed quite differently from how you do now? Can you describe it and what it was all about for you?
of course several times,
when my body was a different type, smaller more 50s style dresses, full skirts and tight waists with nice fitted bodice,dressing for my curves and to be different at the time....showing off
when I had an office job lots of skirts and tops and heels to match the office wear of the day....conformity
when formal dressing of the 80s was the style...feeling sophisticated- Dynasty era
when I worked nights and matching velour joggers were in the stores....comfort and convenience
when I was a teen with daisy dukes and see through halter tops on the farm....not sure what that was about, puberty I guess
44. What sorts of things do you do, clothing, make-up or hair-wise, to feel professional?
I actually wear cloths and put makeup on and do my hair, otherwise I am as I am
not much makeup to be professional, I always wear a headband to pull hair off my face so I am not distracted by a falling strand I have to touch all the time, my hair is slightly curved vs straight and I wear cloths with a waist band vs elastic and tops with structure vs T shirts, and if I really want to look professional I put on a blazer over top
light jewelry to match and light fruity body mist only so as not to offend
oh and well polished or newer shoes in good shape with a good sole and my best leather purse, not fabric or colored purses and shoes to "look professional"
45. How do you conform to or rebel against the dress expectations at your workplace?
as described above I sewed my own skirts and tops that were loose and long and not see through
or I bought eyelet wide cotton skirts with buttons down the front and pockets and found matching white eyelet blouses and tucked them in and wore a wide belt and shoes that weren't nursing shoes but white low heel pumps....I was 25
I campaigned to get rid of head caps proving they held more germs than clean hair
46. Do you have a dress code, a school uniform, or a uniform that you wear for an extracurricular activity?
my job now does not require uniform but dress code is for safety especially shoes closed toed and no heels
no big jewelry
my uniform would be a bathing suite and I will soon have to redesign those too they never fit my body
47. Are there ways in which you conform to or rebel against these uniforms?
more rebellion in the past
now I wear what I want as I feel, comfort sandals when feet are sore from too many shifts and walking or big jewelry if i feel like it that day
there is no recourse if you do not conform
I often wear patterned scrub top from a uniform shop and am the only one on the unit who does
48. Do you find it comforting or constraining to have a uniform?
I did and i would again I had to wear them again
I hate wasting time trying to find something different to wear at work every day
I end up having cloths I only wear at work and now am so comfortable with them that I end up wearing them out too so I would like to separate them again
Just to make the days feel different from an appearance point of view and not have to keep buying cloths for work
49. What is an archetypal outfit for you; one that you could have happily worn at any point in your life? What do you like about it?
very very black jeans that look like dress pants with stretch fabric and not tight at the waist but with tummy control
a 3/4 length sleeved top made of some stretch fabric that fits well over the breast and loose over the belly and hips, like a modified rap around dress, and a very tailored crisp lightweight jacket
leather buckled shoes in different colors burgundy, green, purple as well as black to match top I wear.
some kind of smaller version of the Birkin bag in colored leather
I would still wear 50s dresses if I could find them in my size or if I still sewed except now I would make them longer and more flowing with more comfortable fabrics
and accessorized with a scooter instead of a bike now and maybe a tea cup puppy lol
50. Do you ever wish you were a man or could dress like a man or had a man’s body? Was there ever a time in the past?
absolutely to both
I used to wear ties all the time when it just wasn't done and I went to work in an office building with it too, nobody said anything I wonder what they thought
I think I dress more like a man now more than a woman with my pants all the time
Actually society has masculinized a lot with jeans and Ts
If I had a mans body I would wear flowing white shirts and suspenders something thats romantic to women
51. If there was one country or culture or era that you had to live in, fashion-wise, what would it be?
Balinese and 40's 50's American styles
52. Do you consider yourself photogenic?
at certain angles I like my pictures
and if a makeup artist and photographer got hold of my face probably, but on video no not really
53. When you see yourself in photographs, what do you think?
good day good angle if selfy
mostly oh oh bad photographer or angle or I wish I sucked it in better
lots of times that the outfit I thought looked good didn't photograph the same as in my mind when I posed in the mirror
54. Are there any figures from culture, past or present, whose style you admire or have drawn from?
no none at all in my shape or size
see how exclusionary fashion is
I only can think of Lucille Ball's dresses were a lot like the ones I likes
55. Have you ever had a dream that involved clothes?
dream as in sleep or as in future desire?
sleep can't remember but future yes, lots, every time something doesn't fit I say I'm going to design my own for busty and big women
56. What would be a difficult or uncomfortable look for you to try and achieve?
that heavily tailored straight flapper style of dress or suites
very tight short clinging pop girl clothes that look like they are painted on the body
most high fashion outfits from vogue or the runways for anorexic androidian teenagers
Goth, vampire, heroine death chic,
57. If you were totally comfortable with your body, or your body was a bit closer to what you wish it was like, what would you wear?
I would have broader options and instead of going to what I have said or have already been able to wear I would do tights and long long sweaters and shirts
I like that casual style
I usually try different styles and types of cloths when I have lost weight because they are available and I want to see how I would look in them
58. Is there anyone that you are trying to attract or repel when you dress?
my husband ...attract
I dress differently if I am vying for a promotion and my superiors are going to be around
I dress in a way that my clients and parents won't question my professional decisions
I do not want to dress like the patients, teens and adolescents I am treating
It about attracting their confidence in my position
59. Are there any dressing rules you’d want to convey to other women?
dress for where your body is now now was or will be
be very aware what other see when you dress the way you do
take responsibility for your ability to attract or repel and dress accordingly for every occasion so that you won't be surprised when you are treated a certain way and others who dress differently are treated in a way you want to be
60. What do you think of perfume? Do you wear it?
I generally like fruity natural smelling things
I have become very chemically sensitive so most smells make my stomach sick instantly
people should be aware in public and on transit in closed spaces that wearing more than a dabb is going to be a symphony of sickness when you add shampoos and deodorants to the mix
not to mention mens strong stuff too
61. What are some things you need to do to your body or clothes in order to feel presentable?
bath and wear clean cloths neat and if I have washed my hair I feel even better, don't always have time or doesn't need it when I'm home
i have been typing for 6.5 hour straight now
62. How does makeup fit into all this for you?
it brightens my face and sometimes its fun to do more and play around with looks I've seen to see if it works or doesn't for my face....usually doesn't
moderation and natural look
63. Is there a certain look you feel you’re expected to like that you have absolutely no interest in? What is it? Why aren’t you interested?
Im supposed to like the burqa on one end just because I am a woman according to some men I know and woochi wear according to other men
I have no interest in either both are to repress the female spirit and body power as does most of the runway mish mash
64. Can you describe in a basic way what you own, clothing and jewelry-wise?
I own the basics of everything more pants than skirts more shirts than everything else a few blazers lots of jeans tanks Ts in various sizes various shoes bags and coats for the seasons
pieces of jewelry are colored stones in silver and more costume jewelry and a gold wedding band
65. What is your favorite piece of clothing or jewelry that you own?
everything is old now and needs replacement so I will say my wedding band and maybe the one orange dress I sewed and still have in a box somewhere
66. Tell us about something in your closet that you keep but never wear. What is it, why don’t you wear it, and why do you keep it?
lots of things that are too small and new which I bought when I was that size and never got opportunity to wear at the time
I can't let that stuff go if its new and unworn I may lose weight yet again lol
I had big cloths I kept and am now wearing again
I hate to waste money so I will hold on while I have room
other things I have and don't wear is because there is no occasion, I don't go out much any more
67. Looking back at all your purchases over the past five to fifteen years, can you generalize about what sorts of things were the most valuable to buy?
black stretch jeans I buy over and over when I can find them
several types of loose dress tops
good leather shoes with wide toes
one big leather purse
One warm light thigh length jacket
the rest is all a waste of closet space
68. Is there an item of clothing that you once owned, but no longer own, and still think about or wish you had back? What was it, what happened to it, and why do you want it back?
my Austrian traditional hat was as bizarre a site on my head back in the day as Pharrell's mountie hat is today
I just got rid of it one time of moving
It reminds me of the confidence I must have had to wear it when so many people stared at me
It would be so in style now and it was expensive as all Austrian traditional wear is now
69. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one thing, what would you keep?
a jumper that I dont own so Im not naked lol
the black jeans I am wearing every day now
70. Building up your wardrobe from nothing, what would you do differently this time?
no more than three to five of one thing at time
71. What’s the first “investment” item you bought? Do you still own or wear it?
an Austrian dirndl and tracht skirt boots and hat when I was 16......no but wish I did for my nieces
72. Was there ever an important or paradigm-shifting purchase in your life?
maybe wedding dresses that weren't wedding dresses just dresses I liked at the time, both I still have and could wear again, if they fit, unlike a traditional wedding dress
73. What item of clothing are you still (or have you forever been) on the hunt for?
the perfect dress, of course, that would make me look like the goddess I am lol.....I'll let you know if I find one
74. What are your closet and drawers like? Do you keep things neat, etc?
Inside yes I like to take things out and reorganize at times
if I can't neatly put it away I will make piles on the chair and door hooks
75. Were you ever given a present of clothing or jewelry that especially touched you?
yes my wedding ring was given me by a friend and its very sentimental for that reason
76. Did you ever buy an article of clothing without giving it much thought, only to have it prove much more valuable as time went on? What was the item and what happened?
boots when I can get them to fit my calves
Its now the only time I wear skirts in the winter with these boots so I'm happy to be able to change up my look
77. How and when do you shop for clothes?
I'm a binge shopper
don't care how much I buy or how much it costs at the time as long as they fit, and are on sale
It's hard to find my size at a discount so have gone to states to shop and drop in the past
I can only get bras in my size there so will buy all I can find at the time
78. Do you like to smell a certain way?
sometimes that pumpkin and spice air freshener
I like to smell eatable
79. How does how you dress play into your ambitions for yourself?
if I feel more ambitious about who I am and where I want to go or introduce my self to somewhere different I can do it better with new cloths
80. How does money fit into all this?
if I had more to spend on clothes I would not have to barban hunt as much and would buy more new clothes more often, I would also get rid of a lot of what I have that I am not able to wear right now but don't want to have to replace later.
81. Is there an article of clothing, a piece of make-up, or an accessory that you carry with you or wear every day?
lipstick I carry and wear when i am out but otherwise no not every day, just my nighty I guess, I can stay in it all day, all week even
82. Did anyone ever say anything to you that made you see yourself differently, on a physical and especially sartorial level?
I was complaining about my figure when I was 20 and classmate with a boyish body said you're crazy you have the perfect coca cola body for wearing a dress
it gave me confidence in how I was dressing and made me to understand my body in relation to my way of dressing
83. Do you remember the first time you were conscious of what you were wearing? Can you describe this moment and what it was about?
first time I was 3ish and had to go out with nanny to the doctor and didn't want to go and when we were out the door I said I didn't put on underwear and we went back in to put them on
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Im 50 born in austria and live in toronto
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
mozart, mountains, monetary system
What kind of work do you do?
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
married no kids
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I believed that I never gave fashion that much thought, I guess I had after all I guess we all do after all
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
I have spent 8 straight hours answering your questions and feel mesmerized by the questions and my answers, It would be interesting to know what other older over weight women say