Read Surveys (By Author)
1. When do you feel at your most attractive?
When there's a twinkle in my eyes, a slight upturn to my mouth, my clothes are slightly loose, my skin feels tight and I've got lots of energy and confidence.
2. Do you notice women on the street? If so, what sort of women do you tend to notice or admire?
Yes, confident women who appear to have a purpose but won't mow anyone done in tending to it.
3. What are some things you admire about how other women present themselves?
Women who look attractive without seeming to have tried too hard to make it happen. There's a certain ease to their beauty.
4. Was there a moment in your life when something “clicked” for you about fashion or dressing or make-up or hair? What? Why did it happen then, do you think?
5. What are some shopping rules you wouldn’t necessarily recommend to others but which you follow?
Only shop when you don't really have the time or the money because you're bound to find something you can't live without!
9. Are there any clothing (or related) items that you have in multiple? Why do you think you keep buying this thing?
Yes - fit is important and when you find a good fit no one will notice that you have multiples.
10. Have you ever successfully given someone a present of jewelry or clothing that you continue to feel good about?
Anything they have worn more than twice!
11. Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Yes - some things just don't look good to me - no matter how many times I see them on others
12. Can you say a bit about how your mother’s body and style has been passed down to you, or not?
Body - inherited her large bosom and no butt
Style - she had good taste until she retired and then she started dressing like an old lady - I hope that is not passed down to me.
13. Have you stolen, borrowed or adapted any dressing ideas or actual items from friends or family?
Yes - mostly adapted
14. Was there a point in your life when your style changed dramatically? What happened?
Starting working for a younger woman (had reported to an older man for many years) and became aware of having allowed myself to become "dowdy". Got rid of prints and now prefer solids with splashes of print.
15. Is there anything political about the way you dress?
Oh I hope hot. Maybe I wouldn't buy brands if I thought a company was particularly bad...
16. Please describe your body.
Pretty average -- in a constant fight to keep it fit
17. Please describe your mind.
Pretty average - I think I may be smarter than I realize but it's worked for me so far
18. Please describe your emotions.
Positive overall - no rollercoaster but no flatline
19. What are you wearing on your body and face, and how is your hair done, right at this moment?
Wearing jeans, red long-sleeve T with black/white cotton sweater (dots form diamond pattern) with red scarf circled loosely around neck. No make-up, hair allowed to shake into its own shape (wavy, shortish)
20. In what way is this stuff important, if at all?
I don't want to look like a slouch - but I don't want to spend too much time on my appearance and I don't want to look as if I spent too much time on my appearance
21. With whom do you talk about clothes?
friends and kids but only occasionally
22. How do institutions affect the way you dress?
23. Do you think you have taste or style? Which one is more important? What do these words mean to you?
Taste - which is more important to me. Style sounds like "latest fashion" and taste sounds like "ongoing approach"
What’s your birth date? Where were you born and where do you live now?
Say anything you like about your cultural/ethnic/economic background.
What kind of work do you do?
Office work - human resources
Are you single, married, do you have kids, etc.?
Married, two grown daughters
Please say anything you like about yourself that might put this survey into some sort of context.
I try to view myself from my daughters' perspective -- if I think they would say I look good, then I feel good.
How do you feel after filling out this survey?
Good - made me bring to mind things I haven't thought about before